Need help with ported enclosure for Kicker 12" L7

Participant count
  • Participant list

baseballfrk8998
10+ year member

I have a 12" Kicker L7 in a pretty standard ported enclosure. Not sure the size but it's not too big at all. I want to build a bigger box thinking that the sub will probably sound better and hit harder in a bigger box. The only thing is that reading all these threads has got my head spinning in circles because I've never built my own box. I'm not positive where to tune the box for this sub or anything, I just know I'd like this sub to sound as good as possible and I don't see it happening in this box. If anyone could help with dimensions for a good ported enclosure for this sub I would be very appreciative. Thanks a lot.

BTW I'm thinking that the box that I have now has around 1.6 cubic feet of air space. I think it's almost identical to the box on this link.

Single 12 Inch L5 / L7 Kicker Vented Subwoofer Enclosure (SPK12.1) - Subwoofer Box | Subwoofer Enclosures | Car Subwoofer Boxes and Truck Subwoofer Boxes at SuperCrewSound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.