Need help with ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list

fithwheel

indiana
Long story short I don't have access to windows (desk top down). Need help modeling sub.

Working on 2 systems. Hopefully I'll have desk top going but won't be this weekend. Want to build a box for my ridgeline this weekend.

What I'm working with will be 50.5x8.5x8.5. For 2 type r 8s.d2. Subs inverted rear fire. Not enough room to front fire. 2 side fire 3 inch ports. Making the ports. Common chamber. 2 braces that will also help suport the ports .0025 cf. Subs mounted close to each end of the box.

Port calculator I'm using says 1.19 c.f. net 18 inche long ports for 38.94 hz.

This is primarily the better halfs car. She listens to 90s 2000s pop rock country and rap. I listen to metal hard rock classic rock. So thinking higher tune will satisfy us both.

Just wondering if this will work before I waste my time building a box with a lot of port noise. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Long story short I don't have access to windows (desk top down). Need help modeling sub.
Working on 2 systems. Hopefully I'll have desk top going but won't be this weekend. Want to build a box for my ridgeline this weekend.

What I'm working with will be 50.5x8.5x8.5. For 2 type r 8s.d2. Subs inverted rear fire. Not enough room to front fire. 2 side fire 3 inch ports. Making the ports. Common chamber. 2 braces that will also help suport the ports .0025 cf. Subs mounted close to each end of the box.

This is primarily the better halfs car. She listens to 90s 2000s pop rock country and rap. I listen to metal hard rock classic rock. So thinking higher tune will satisfy us both.

Just wondering if this will work before I waste my time building a box with a lot of port noise. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
IDK about your net displacement but if it's 1.9 ft3 net with 2 3" ports 18" long... Winisd says 31.44hz tuning... what amp are you using?

ZtgpMN.jpg

JsEy7K.jpg

Are the ports aeros?.. that'll change the tuning slightly

1.19 was the net on calculator I used. Yes to aeros. The amp is the rockford in my signature. Birth sheet had it at 714 if I remember right. Got to get back to work so be a while b 4 I can respond

Ok that'll put me at 15 inches for a 39 tune if this app is right. Should I mount the subs on the opposite side of the port to keep them away from the opening on the inside then ?

Yeah that's a little high. I used box tune calculator app. Seems a little off to me idk. Gave me a gross of 1.39 net of 1.19. Using .75 mdf.
Did you add the .07 for the inverted subs?.. I know it's very little, but with a solid ad number you'll be sure... I used torres and added box height to add volume for the subs and came up with 37.83 at 1.29ft3 net, 43 m/s port velocity. I think I got it right.

Ok bare with me new to building my own box. Inverted meaning magnet outside of the box right? I wouldn't take anything away from that would i?

Trying to get the most air space with what I have to work with plus 8 and a half inch face not much room to mount into.

Also don't I want to keep velocity below 32?

Are they?

10% more velocity with a round... a bit more with an aero to avoid noise... I'm confused now...

kush is right about the 4"... either way you'll be ok that 700 watts will be a bit less than you'd think

Ok your confusion is confusing me lol. Like I said please bare with me. Making my port out of pvc pipe so maybe I worded it wrong then by calling it an aero port?

Yeah that's what I mean. Was just trying to say the holes for the subs on the box will be facing the rear of the car. I could've done a better job explaining that. After reading that again can c y confusion with saying rear firing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.