Need help with outdoor speakers on a mobile tailgating rig

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdannehl

Hello everyone. Last year I turned an old ambulance into a mobile tailgating rig and need some advice on getting sound outside. Last season we ran two outdoor deck speakers on the roof of the ambulance connected to a 100 Watt amp. During the offseason, the speakers lost a battle with a tree branch, and now we're starting over.

I'm looking for ideas to make the audio outside the rig sound loud and crisp. Before we had almost no bass and when they were cranked up, it was cracking pretty good. The main goal here is to find a permanent solution so we aren't having to load speakers up at the end of the day. There is plenty of clearance under the rig to work with as well. I'm thinking of using a couple power horns, but weren't sure of how clear they would be and how well they would sound. Any advice would be appriciated!

Attached photo is of last years setup.

View attachment 26531593

Thanks!!

You could always get some nice marine speakers that would mount into the side of the rig, and they would be almost flush so you wouldnt have to worry about them getting knocked off. But you would have to cut large holes to mount them in and seal with caulk or something so water doesnt get inside.

Budget is still TBD. I'm not going for rock concert here, just wants something that will sound good and can be somewhat loud. We initially looked at cutting into the side of the rig, but we've added a wrap to the side and really don't want to mess with cutting into it now. I thought maybe Wakeboard Tower Speakers, but wasn't sure...

View attachment 26531595

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.