Need help with new system

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am at best a novice installer and am wanting to save some money. I am preparing to install a system in my 92 Silverado and have a few questions.

#1 My deck is a Sony cdx-fw500 with two sets of rca's. One set is output and one set is input. My question is can I run two amps? I have a mono amp for my subs and a two channel for my seperates.

#2 My sub amp is a Phoenix Gold R5.0:1 500 watt mono that is going to power two Kicker comp 10 subs. The amp has slave conroller output rca's. Do I want to run my seperates amp off of this? The amp also has a setting switch like this,

BY LP LP

BY LP BY

Where do I want the switch? Do I wire my subs( in a Q Logic unders seat truck box) in series or parallel? Do I need to put any frequency caps or resistors on my subs to keep them from getting the wrong signals?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:crap:

the LP LP BY BY stuff is low pass lowpass bypass.

the top setting is what yu want incomming to do, the bottom is what you want outgoing to do.

if you want to bypass on that amp and the next amp you put it to the far left,

if you want to low-pass on both amps, you put it in the middle

if you want to low pass on this amp, and bypass for the next one, you put it on the right.. thats if this amp is for subs, and the next amp is somethign else..

for your application, you want to put it LP BY.. which is far right, since you're only using one amp for your lows.

i'd suggest sealing that box with some caulking since it was a prefab, it'll make it a little bit

better, i'd be worth the 2 bucks.

to address the question at the top, yes you can run two amps.. but there are alot of different ways to do it, do you want the second amp for subs or for the highs/mids?

post me back, or you can message me on aim:cofmm or yahoo:mikescanlon11 and i can walk you through the installation if you want.

refer to the wiring diagram sticked to teh top of the electrical forum... that'll help you out as far as how you should wire the subwoofers. so for that setup you want it to the far right for the LP and bypass.. and then take the rca output from that amp and then run it to your mids/tweets.

Again, please excuse my lack of knowlege. My amp is rated for 500 watts x 1 at 2 ohms and my speakers are capable of handling 250 watts each @ 4 ohms. I saw the diagrahm on how to wire SVC speakers for 2 ohms, but will this cut my 500 watts and divide it 250 to each sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.