Need Help With My 5k

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alejandro14

Senior VIP Member
Texas
so my sundown audio saz-5k remote input on amp started to make a pop noise that sends it to my subs ... i remove the bass knob from amp and tried to clean the input with a Qtip and it started to make the pop sound ... any body know what could have cause it is there a fix to it ?

Remote wire? Have you tried w/o using the bass knob? I would think the ground wire could be the issue, not the remote wire. Check ground, is what I would do 1st.

i did try it with out the remote wire ‘ when i tried cleaning the Qtip it makes the noise ...... and grounds are ?% solid i wiggle the input on amp and it makes the stupid noise its killing me because i cant jam out loud !!!!!!

Are you able to open up the amp to get a better look? That might indicate the culprit right there. Anything lose inside the amp will have a neg affect in sounds.

so my sundown audio saz-5k remote input on amp started to make a pop noise that sends it to my subs ... i remove the bass knob from amp and tried to clean the input with a Qtip and it started to make the pop sound ... any body know what could have cause it is there a fix to it ?
Does the sound go out when it pops ? Sorta sounds like an rca ground issue maybe on the circuit board ..if the amp uses basic rca inputs and not tiff connectors..I’ve seen the ground part of the connector actually pull off inside a quality rca with a bite ..I’ve replaced many on cheaper amps with the tiff style rcas

The wiggle sounds like the issue. Poor ground creating a bad circuit creating noise.

Definitely open it up and see what looks bad..or post a video.

Also, when troubleshooting. Always try to isolate the device to see if anything else is causing the issue. In this case. Take out the remote wire and bass knob(unplug from amp) and Rcas. Short a paper clip between the remote terminal and the Positive of the amp. This wont spark or hurt anything. Its just a direct ON for the amp.

still pop? Issue internally with the amp.

Plug in each thing till you get the pop. Thats your issue.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

i notice that when i unplug the remote wire from amp it makes the noise then i once i am going to stick it in makes the noise again i tried rcas they are good noise coming from the remote input on amp guys i will have to open it until saturday because of work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.