Need help with install

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradl79
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NLR
I am looking at helping a friend install an amp in 2014 koa forte with 2 12s the amp is an mb quart 600.4. What all do I need to install the amp and to stock head unit keeping original speakers. Never done a stock head unit. Thank you

I did this with my Chrysler 200.

What you need to do is go to your local auto zone, or something like that.. Or order one online. You'll need a Line Out Converter sometimes known as a High Low converter.

Once you have that, go to google and research your rear speakers.. Find out which wires on your left and right speaker are positive and negative.. You're going to need to splice those wires, and install your converter on that. On the converter is 6 wires, 2 pos, 2 neg, and 2 ground. You'll need to splice into each pos and neg on each speaker, and ground the 2 wires to something.. I used a bolt on my frame because it was close by.

Once you do that it has 2 outputs on for your RCA's, connect them to the converter than to your amp..

Congratulations, you just installed your amp without installing an aftermarket radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.