I can get this for $105

Duralast/Marine battery - 12 months free replacement (27DP-DL) | | AutoZone.com

Weighs 54 lbs

CCA 800

CA 1000

Reserve 180 minutes

or

I can get this for $100

http://www.americanlisted.com/rhode_island_39/cars_2/exide_commercial_battery_led_acid_battery_4d_model_no_com-4d-p_new_19006_14332811.html]Exide Commercial Battery Led Acid Battery 4D model no. COM-4D-P new (19006) for Sale in Rhode Island Classifieds - AmericanListed.com[/color]

This one weighs close to 100 lbs

CCA 1000

CA 1200

Reserve 320 minutes

Neither are sealed. I'm trying to see if getting this Exide battery would be worth the extra weight. It's about twice as heavy as the Autozone Marine Batt.

I know I need a gel batt for secondary batt like Exstatic, Kinetik or XS Power, but am runnin a little low for the next month or so.

If all things are the same I'd rather cut the weight. What do yall think???

Id go with the exide if you can fit it. The exide is rated a little over 200ah, the duralast is a little over 100ah. But the exide can be found new for right around $200

Id go with the exide if you can fit it. The exide is rated a little over 200ah, the duralast is a little over 100ah. But the exide can be found new for right around $200
How'd you find out the AH on those? Thanks

multiply the reserve capacity (rc) by .7 and it gets you really close. The duralast is 180*.7= 126ah and the exide is 320*.7=224ah
Also if I don't play my system parked and always in drive, how much does that number matter?

Not being funny, it's an honest question.

Also if I don't play my system parked and always in drive, how much does that number matter?
Not being funny, it's an honest question.
The same parked as driving. The only difference is when you are driving your alternator will be putting out more with higher rpms.

The same parked as driving. The only difference is when you are driving your alternator will be putting out more with higher rpms.
Ultimately the Exide will be giving alot more power to my amps than the duralast.

Subs are running off a Mmats D3500.1 wired down to 1 ohm.

When the car is running the alternator is charging the batteries and running the amp to a certain extent. Lets say your stock alternator has an output of 100 amps cold. Your car is going to use a lot of its output just to run. Once the amp draws more current than the alternator has left to put out, it pulling from the batteries

When the car is running the alternator is charging the batteries and running the amp to a certain extent. Lets say your stock alternator has an output of 100 amps cold. Your car is going to use a lot of its output just to run. Once the amp draws more current than the alternator has left to put out, it pulling from the batteries
When the amp is pulling power from the battery, does the amp see 14.4 volts or is it seeing 12 volts?

Aight man, I'm about to be running my yellow top up front and this Exide in the trunk off my stock alt which does 105 amps. Will I be okay for a while? I have a Mechman alt comin in couple weeks.

Aight man, I'm about to be running my yellow top up front and this Exide in the trunk off my stock alt which does 105 amps. Will I be okay for a while? I have a Mechman alt comin in couple weeks.
Don't push it too hard. Just watch your voltage. If its starts to drop, just back off a little bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.