Need help with an amp install

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrChow
10+ year member

I'll first start off that I'm semi noobish with all this wiring stuff.

I just got a Hifonics ZXi 8006 5ch amp that I'm trying to install. I had a small Alpine 4ch amp before hand that was install by the older dumbass at bestbuy. The guy did some F'ed up wiring. Why the hell would you tape up all of the power, RCA's, remote and speaker wires together... Took me like 6 hours to clean up the mess.

My car is a 95' 240sx and I have a redtop for battery power. Did 2 of the Big 3's done.

I have a 8ga power wire going to my amp. I moved it away from all my RCA and speaker wires. The ground is a 8ga about 14 inch to a sanded spot in the trunk.

Okay and the weird part my speaker wires are stock stuff to some Fosgate 16ga to some random 12ga to my amp.

Okay having said that. I'm getting engine noise through my speaker.

Also not all of my speakers and sub are powering up. But the one speaker that isn't power up was the first one to power up when I was first testing the amp. Same with the sub...

I've been working on this for about a week now and I'm getting pissed off. I'm also getting a cap in later...

I'm guessing that I need a bigger or better ground and maybe something with the 3 different speaker wires.

Help me out with some opinions please. Thanks.

you may want to get bigger wires for both power and ground. just check all the connections at the amp and at the speakers and make sure nothing came loose.
I do think I need a bigger ga for the ground but I dunno if need a bigger one for power. It say it's a 770w max amp.

Yeah all the connection at the amp are good. I rechecked that 3 times. All speakers are still good.

DXZ585USB

I was thinking about that but the problem is...

DXZ585USB_6V_6ch.jpg

So yeah anyone have idea what to do?

Get bigger wire for your ground and power wire, at least 4 ga. If it were me, I would just get some good speaker wire and redo the entire run for every door speaker so there is no problem and so you know it done 100%. I might be wrong, I prob am, but I think the sound you were getting from your speakers, the engine sound I think is how you put it, is prob a bad remote wire or un shielded rca's maby.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.