Need help with active system set-up!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nonten03
10+ year member

sapulpa
Alright I know I post my issue in another forum but here im going to explain my hook up which may explain a lot of my problems that i'm not seeing.

Set-up: Hybrid Audio Imagine serious with tweets out of speaker and hook up somewhere else. Rockford fosgate amp R600-4d powering them.

Issue Tweets are clipping and door woofers have barely have any voulme.

Alright i'm going to start off with the battery I have 14 gauge wire together to make 7 gauge I guess? That can be one of my problems, because wouldn't I need 4 gauge for R600-4d? I'm also using a 60 amp fuse.

I got my RCA wire Tweets hook up to my front and my speakers hook up to my rear. Another thing i notice my buddie use super glue to keep my wires on my door speakers. Wouldn't that mess with the flow of the electricity?

Another thing is my right door speaker wire is 18 gauge ( The wire Hybrid Audio gave me with the speakers) and the rest of my woofer and tweets are 14 guage.

My ground wire I believe is 8 gauge. ( We had to use some wire I found)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I thought My buddie knew what he was doing, but when got my car I found out it sounds like **** and to many issues I can't figure out..
Lmao... Bro, take it all out and start over. All of it. whoever did this to you should be slapped. hard.

We can help you get it back in correctly, piece by piece.

Lmao... Bro, take it all out and start over. All of it. whoever did this to you should be slapped. hard.
We can help you get it back in correctly, piece by piece.
Alright you think my equipment got destroy in the process? and what you think I should start with?

Alright you think my equipment got destroy in the process? and what you think I should start with?
It might not be trashed but it sounds like your tweets where crossed too low and does the amp have separate gains f/r because what the tweets need and what the mids want are two very different things!

Oh my gosh.... You must have had KoB install your equipment!

Btw, just so we can avoid any confusion down the line while we're helping you, and we know what you have access to, where are you from/living right now? Something tells me you're not in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya i know, but with what I understand is that if i put my tweets in my front (which that would make it high right?) and my door woofers in the rear and my amp is set for all pass, so wouldn't that leave every thing up to my Pioneer 80 psr? (sorry I sould of mention this).

Oh my gosh.... You must have had Jonathan Price install your equipment!Btw, just so we can avoid any confusion down the line while we're helping you, and we know what you have access to, where are you from/living right now? Something tells me you're not in the US.
Lol yes I am, Ha I live in OK. I'm just knew to this, so i let my buddie start doing my system and now i'm slowly fixing it ha.

Lol yes I am, Ha I live in OK. I'm just knew to this, so i let my buddie start doing my system and now i'm slowly fixing it ha.
your equipment is probably still good. but if he did that horrible of a job with what you can see, just imagine what the stuff that you can't see is like. that 80prs is going to make going active it lot easier on you than it is for those w/o active hu's too... sounds like you should already have everything you need, other than a decent power wire, lol. you just need it installed correctly.

yo are going to need a good amp kit, first and formost. are you running sub, or have plans in the future for one?

Ya i know, but with what I understand is that if i put my tweets in my front (which that would make it high right?) and my door woofers in the rear and my amp is set for all pass, so wouldn't that leave every thing up to my Pioneer 80 psr? (sorry I sould of mention this).
Correct, if you want to use your 80prs to do the crossovers, the amp should be set to full-pass.

Your tweeters should be up front, and your door woofers should be up front. If you're friend is so autistic that he set it up like that, make sure he never goes near your car again. He owes you an apology. The tweeters and mids should be meeting at around 3kHz to start, and work your way up from there.

Correct, if you want to use your 80prs to do the crossovers, the amp should be set to full-pass.Your tweeters should be up front, and your door woofers should be up front. If you're friend is so autistic that he set it up like that, make sure he never goes near your car again. He owes you an apology. The tweeters and mids should be meeting at around 3kHz to start, and work your way up from there.
You confuse me there, Wouldn't my door woofers be in rear? and I been playing with my radio ( but with my amp unhook, so i dont break anything). I'm getting pretty hang of the network modes, but I still like to get the knowledge behide it

your equipment is probably still good. but if he did that horrible of a job with what you can see, just imagine what the stuff that you can't see is like. that 80prs is going to make going active it lot easier on you than it is for those w/o active hu's too... sounds like you should already have everything you need, other than a decent power wire, lol. you just need it installed correctly.
yo are going to need a good amp kit, first and formost. are you running sub, or have plans in the future for one?
Wouldn't I need a bigger power wire for my amp? and yes I am i got 3 sundown 8 v.2

You confuse me there, Wouldn't my door woofers be in rear? and I been playing with my radio ( but with my amp unhook, so i dont break anything). I'm getting pretty hang of the network modes, but I still like to get the knowledge behide it
I wouldn't play with anything until you've pulled the entire system out and started from scratch. Take pictures of every section and connection you're confused or not sure about so we can help you. And no... your door woofers go up front man. I don't know where you got the idea that they belong in the rear. Component speakers are speakers that work together, you want them together, up front. Also, what vehicle is this all being installed in?

Wouldn't I need a bigger power wire for my amp? and yes I am i got 3 sundown 8 v.2
Absolutely. You need to pull out the ENTIRE system. Everything should be unhooked and started from scratch. You "friend" did everything wrong imaginable. You need to order a proper amp kit, with proper speaker wire, and proper RCAs. You need to be able to either solder your speaker wires on, or use spade terminals. What amp will you be using to power those subwoofers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.