2000 Grand Prix Headunit Help

JaceHouse

I was just wonder if anyone had a wiring diagram for a 2000 Grand Prix or a way to test what wires are the front left +, front left -, front right +, etc.. Every diagram I've seen so far has the wiring with colors like yellow and dark/light green, but the colors don't match up on my car at all. I would post pictures of what I have in my car, but this website won't let me.

Anyway, if you guys could give any insight on what wires would be what or how to find out what wire is what, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

What the diagrams I see have the colors as:

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black

Illumination Brown

Dimmer Gray

Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Gray

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green

Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Yellow

Right Rear (+) Dark Blue

Right Rear (-) Light Blue

The only colors I have figured out so far

What the diagrams I see have the colors as:

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black/White

The adapter I have looks like this:

xxxx xxxxxx

xxxxxx xxxx

The top row has the colors (front right to left) dark green, tan, light green/white, light green in the first four holes,

Black/White (ground), grey/black, brown/white, dark green, yellow (my switch 12+v), orange (my constant 12+v) in the next six.

In the bottom row, the first six are: Black/White (another ground), empty, empty, blue green, empty

The last 4 on the bottom row are: black, blue, brown/white, brown.

There aren't any places around me that has a harness for it. I would order it, but I'm doing it for a friend who lives about 17 hours away and he actually leaves tomorrow. So, I'm seeing if I can't figure it out for him.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I would really wait until you got a wireharness... It is going to be a much cleaner install that way, and you can put the factory deck back in if you are going to resell the car much easier if the factory plug is attached.

I would if it was just for me @ West, but my bud really wants it.....and I'm holding the plug in my hand at the moment.

@ Pro-Rabbit. Wal Mart was all out. My walmart is silly and usually doesn't stock anything for models newer than '99.

Pics or no proof

20120911_205425.jpg

That's just what I needed. Thanks a lot, everyone.

For future reference to anyone who runs into a problem like I did and their harness looks like mine;

Constant 12V+ Orange

Switched 12V+ Yellow

Ground Black/White

Left Front (+) Tan

Left Front (-) Green

Right Front (+) Light Green

Right Front (-) Light Green/White

Left Rear (+) Brown

Left Rear (-) Brown/White

Right Rear (+) Black

Right Rear (-) Blue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.