adjetta
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have the following

Source:

*Pioneer PRS-80 Headunit

Amplifiers:

*Sub - Soundqubed 2200.1 (2200 @ 1ohm on Sundown Zv4 15"

*Mid - Sundown Audio sax 100.4 (ran @ 4 ohms x 4 on 4 Sundown SA 6.5" midbass Drivers)

*High - Sundown Audio Sae 50.4 (ran @ 4 ohms x4 on 2 sets of Sundown SA Component Tweeters)

I plan on purchasing an additional Sundown Sae 50.4, and 2 midranges.

My Goal: Achieve a 3 way active + sub Setup on a low budget

I am Currently running the Pioneer prs 80, doing a two-way active, plus sub network. I would Like to run a three way active setup + subwoofer. What would my best option be to acheive this, I know I likely need A DSP or an External Crossover, but am unsure of the most straight forward aproach.

Pretty sure that sundown amp is active capable. Get a 2 channel active capable amp. Power the midbass with that, use rca y splitters on the front channel and do all the crossing over at the amp and leave the head unit on standard mode.

Use audacity to generate test tones to use in setting the amps crossovers.

Im doing the same basically along with a lot of rear fill with the rear channel rcas split also. (Van lol passengers need it)

Your tweeter channels on 80PRS in Network mode are limited to 1.25 kHz on the low end. That's not ideal for anything but the most fragile 2"-3" mids, and most anything we use in the car can operate down to 500 Hz and under all day long. It may be time to seriously consider stepping up to an 8-channel DSP.

people commonly think that in order to be "active" they need a head unit or DSP. in reality, running active just means using electronic crossovers. these can live in external boxes or inside amps. your amps already have flexible crossovers and they will be better than what's in the head unit. Your SAX-100.4D has the crossovers to run mids and highs active, the SAE 50-4 does not. Get another SAX amplifier or use the SAE 50-4 to run the midbass bridged (one each) and use the SAX-100.4D to power the mids and highs active.

SAX-100.4D

Low pass frequency crossover

50Hz~5kHz (CH1&2)

50Hz~5KHz (CH3&4)

(50-500 with x10 switch)

Selectable 12 or 24 dB slope

High Pass Crossover

50Hz~5kHz (CH1&2)

50Hz~5kHz (CH3&4)

(50-500 with x10 switch)

Selectable 12 or 24 dB slope

SAE-50-4

HPF or LPF

40-400Hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.