Does this sound right?

Participant count
  • Participant list

turtlestrap

Oregon
I have a Kenwood KDC-HD455U head unit and got a little pocket oscilloscope the other day. I hooked up the probes to my RCA out to go to my sub amplifier. With all my EQ and subwoofer levels to zero, and with my volume all the way up, the sine wave was still looking really good. This was with a 40 Hz, - 10dB test tone. Then I hooked the RCAs to my amp and started cranking up the gain all the way up and the wave was still nice and sinusoidal. Is that okay? It's it because I used a - 10dB tone? Just to make sure my scope was working okay I started to turn the subwoofer level and bass level up on my head unit and then it started to square off the top of the waves.

Should I try again with a different level test tone? Or is this okay and just stick with it.

Thanks! Just made a 50 Hz tone at -5db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Will try that out tomorrow. So my subwoofer level on my HU goes up to 15, so I should max that out, leave all bass boosts and loudness and equalizers at 0 or -. Then I won't have to have my gain all cranked up. Much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.