Need help with 2014 Santa Fe Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

I am in need of some help. Just bought a new 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with the dimension 8 speaker system and factory amp. I can't find much info on this but apparently it's the same as the 2013 model. It has 2 door speakers in the front and rear which are closer to 6 3/4's from my understanding versus 6.5's but either will work. It has a center speaker in the dash that is a 5 1/4, two tweeters in the roof panel and one 8 inch speaker in the rear trunk/hatch area.

My questions are as follows:

Is it a nightmare to disconnect the factory amp and use an aftermarket amp? Is there some sort of adapter or would I need a high tech multi channel line/output filter? How would I determine a wiring chart?

Obviously 8 speakers is a bit much, what layout would you do? Components in the front only and a sub in the rear?

Any advice or guidance is much appreciated.

Greg

splits in the front (2xmids 2xtweets 2x crossovers) and 2way coaxils in the rear, a nice 12"sub and a 5 channel amp, disconnect the centre speaker.

Hi All,
I am in need of some help. Just bought a new 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with the dimension 8 speaker system and factory amp. I can't find much info on this but apparently it's the same as the 2013 model. It has 2 door speakers in the front and rear which are closer to 6 3/4's from my understanding versus 6.5's but either will work. It has a center speaker in the dash that is a 5 1/4, two tweeters in the roof panel and one 8 inch speaker in the rear trunk/hatch area.

My questions are as follows:

Is it a nightmare to disconnect the factory amp and use an aftermarket amp? Is there some sort of adapter or would I need a high tech multi channel line/output filter? How would I determine a wiring chart?

Obviously 8 speakers is a bit much, what layout would you do? Components in the front only and a sub in the rear?

Any advice or guidance is much appreciated.

Greg

After more research it looks like the connections from the head unit to the factory amp are spdif. I assume this means I can't take out the factory amp, could I leave the factory amp in and connect the output from the amp to a line converter or would that not work? I'm thinking if I take out the factory amp I'd lose NAV audio. Maybe leave in the center dash speaker for NAV. Someone told me the NAV audio is generated at the amp, does that make any sense?

Greg

i'd try contact Hyundai, unless some1 has alrwady done big system in one of these i'd say we would all be guessing

... what does the manuel say about the audio in the car?

seems like a good idea to keep the centre speaker as the nav audio.

there seems to be a lot of diff ways you could do this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.