Need help wiring new head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

*Ace*
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys,

So I bought a new Kenwood DDX419 head unit and am about to install it but have some questions about wiring the harness. I have a 2011 Honda Civic and this is the harness it uses:

ex16.jpg

#1 / Ground - Black with silver stripe

#2 / Rear R - Yellow with silver stripe

#3 / Front R - Red with silver stripe

#4 / Radio marking as LET Lt. blue with silver stripe (not used)

#5 / Radio marking as TEL No wire (EX w/nav?)

#6 / Radio marking as SECU Green with silver stripe (not used)

#7 / Front L - Orange with silver stripe

#8 / Rrear L - White with silver stripe

#9 / Illumination - Red with silver stripe

#1 0 / Battery 12v + White with silver stripe

#1 1 / Rear R + Brown with silver stripe

#1 2 / Front R + Green with silver stripe

#1 3 / ACC ignition Purple with silver stripe

#1 4 / Radio marking as SPD Blue with silver stripe (not used)

#1 5 / Front L + Blue with silver stripe

#1 6 / Rear L + Black with silver stripe

#1 7 / Illumination + Gray with silver stripe

Now this is the wiring setup for my Head Unit:

IMG_0262.jpg

Now I got most of the wiring figured out, but I'm not sure about some of them. First the blue/white wire for my head unit (power control wire) is the remote turn on for my amplifiers correct?

Second you will see that the Civic harness has a positive illumination/dimmer wire AND a negative illumination/dimmer wire. My head unit has only one wire for illumination/dimmer, but does not specify negative or positive. Would I connect the head unit illumination/dimmer wire to just the positive illumination/dimmer wire on the civic harness?

Then the head unit has a blue wire for antenna control wire, I'm guessing this will not be used? Finally there is the mute wire for the head unit. My civic harness doesn't have anything for mute, so would this wire not be used as well? The mute wire on the head unit is for the bluetooth, which I do plan on using.

Thanks for your help guys

sounds like you have it all correct the mute is a fancy feature for phones that are factory to the car I believe my bluetooth works and mine is taped off and illumination is positive to the HU so sounds like your good to go man!

sounds like you have it all correct the mute is a fancy feature for phones that are factory to the car I believe my bluetooth works and mine is taped off and illumination is positive to the HU so sounds like your good to go man!
Cool thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So I don't even have to worry about the negative illumination on the civic harness?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.