need help! weird sounds!

kyle187
10+ year member

Not sure what i did wrong, but when i plug the rca's into the amp my speakers and tweeters make a high frequency noise but play no music, and my sub doesnt play at all. The amps light up though, so i know power is going to them. I also ran the rca's on the opposite side of the car as the power wires. Could somebody please help me out? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Should i check over other things first, before i come to a conclusion its fried. I just bought my stuff and i'd be pretty pissed off if it's fried just like that.

dont get pissed, just learn from your mistake; but anyway, you could take the case off the amp look and see if there is any charred marks or anything but gl with that, it sounds like you blew your inputs as said

I didn't hear any strange noises when i was plugging everything in, and also idk if i caused any confusion, but i had the car OFF when i was plugging stuff in. I thought you guys meant did i turn the car completely on when i was testing my stuff.

Wouldnt he still have music is the pico fuse popped...I know mine still worked I just had alternator whine and buzzing. Try hooking up your headunits power back to the speakers and see if it plays then. IF it does then your amp is toasted...

eh he might be lucky enough to have the problems of pioneer and ****ed up something with the rca grounds.. actually.. check your h/u ground..
I connected the HU ground to the black wire on the factory harness. My HU works and its playing the speakers in the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.