Hi question about alts

Gold_Adapter

Hi I am new here, I been in car audio about 4 years. I have always run small systems, I enjoyed them very much. I want to run a bigger system now but, I am unsure on what size Alt to get and how many amps... I will be running around 5000rms of power. Suggestions? On brands and how much power?

no STAY AWAY FROM IRAGGI please

now correct check into mechman great alts, they are rated at 250 max and 150 idle, it is very hard to come by a alt that does that high at max and still that high at idle, normal alts do prolly around 100 at idle at the amperage

no STAY AWAY FROM IRAGGI please
now correct check into mechman great alts, they are rated at 250 max and 150 idle, it is very hard to come by a alt that does that high at max and still that high at idle, normal alts do prolly around 100 at idle at the amperage
Hey thanks alot

I've run Excessive Amperage and now a DC and have been happy with both alts and CS from each company. They should be able to advise you on what size alt will fit your needs...

I have an Irraggi alt in my Expo and a Mechman in the Jetta now. Both are great and haven't had any issues with either one.

Look into Mechman, Ohio Gen, DC Power, Powermaster, Irraggi, EA, etc... Irraggi + EA have had their horror stories as most companies have. Irraggi more than others because of shitty customer service and the way bad stories vs. good stories spread on the internet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.