Need help uninstalling amp/capacitor

RustyBadge

img695.imageshack.us/img695/843/imag0006kf.jpg

There's a pic from the battery terminal. Yes, corrosive.

Anyways, looks like the installer used an aftermarket bracket. Do I need to get one from the dealership?

Mostly, I just don't know how to remove the system safely. I was thinking...remove fuse...unscrew negative from battery, remove positive from battery.

But then what's the process to remove the capacitor? It's 1 farad. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks all

Ok here's another question-

What if I just remove the fuse...but leave all wiring? I'd still remove the amp/capacitor. That wont have any negative affect on the battery, will it?

No it won't just make sure ur remote wire staysawa from th 12v wire...also make sure ur ground doesn't touch either.....just wrap up each wire end inividually in electrica tape

I took out the fuse and then just turned the car on. The subwoofer slowly ran out of power. I assume the cap is drained now.

Last edited by a moderator:
That won't drain the cap, the amp will shut off around 10V. A dome light or resistor will drain the cap. then it'll spark when you reconnect since it will surge current to charge. That is why some caps have charge/discharge circuit boards. just discharge the cap, put a resistor across the terminals, and sell it. It's not helping you anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Always disconnect negative first, before fuse. I could go into a detailed reason why, but just trust me on this.

i'z buyz..much good absorbtion a/c-ripple on orange bench

pull the fuse, and the cap/amp is isolated from the battery. turn the stereo on and the amp will drain the cap, if you are removing it. if not removing, leave it charged, and just don't touch the positive cable after the fuse to ground, since the cap is like a real tiny battery that can give a big one-shot wonder of current. adversely, it can draw just as much at once, so if you drain it, it will have to be re-charged, or will take a whole bunch of juice in an instant (spark-pop-boom)...*reason for the resistor to charge/drain it

Its cleanses the current of AC current, helps remove noise. Allows a broke ass to run a big sub system without spending an absurd amount of money on an audio alternator, and extra lithium batterie/s sure nothing at all 🙄 . It’s just hip to rip on caps so u do. Not everyone has a kushy overpaying job that lets them just blow money on expensive ****, like my stereo with three amps two caps 6 speakers and 5 subs, someone gave me a 2x4 of mdf to cover one side of my two sub boxes… life is tough (I went from scolding you to scolding myself.. dr*g$ are a hellava dr*g$) what were we talking about, oh right those spray paint looking cans that look like a giant Duracell. They look cool let us live our lives 😢😭

Its cleanses the current of AC current, helps remove noise. Allows a broke ass to run a big sub system without spending an absurd amount of money on an audio alternator, and extra lithium batterie/s sure nothing at all 🙄 . It’s just hip to rip on caps so u do. Not everyone has a kushy overpaying job that lets them just blow money on expensive ****, like my stereo with three amps two caps 6 speakers and 5 subs, someone gave me a 2x4 of mdf to cover one side of my two sub boxes… life is tough (I went from scolding you to scolding myself.. dr*g$ are a hellava dr*g$) what were we talking about, oh right those spray paint looking cans that look like a giant Duracell. They look cool let us live our lives 😢😭

Speaking of drugs... This thread is 12 years old that you bumped.

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...