need help trying hook up two 12' subwoofers to a 2 channel amp down to 1 channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

paulwall
10+ year member

I was wondering if antbody can help me out.i have a pioneer amp gm-5200t and i have two kicker 12' comp's c12-4 4ohm 300 watts and the guy i bought them from had it bridge to one channel and i don't know how he wired the two 12's to one channel. the box is not ported and have the jack's on both sides of the box for the speaker wires. i just don't want 2 blow them can you help me out the best way i should hook them up 1 or 2 channel..i'm used 2 hooking amp's and sub's just a lil confused..i think i got a pretty good set up.. i hope so i only paid $250..4 all of it

i'm not 4 sure if they are 4 ohm or not so just run it as 2 channel will these sub's put out any bass..don't know 2 muck abouth the set up

i'm not trying 2 be stupid but i don't know much about kicker and pioneer amp's i just want some good bass from dem...and i'm not 4 sure if they are 4 or 8 ohm..so just run them at a 2 channel den

if they are 8 ohm then youll be fine running them bridged, if they are 4 then run 1 on each channel,

take 5 mins and actually check out the equipment you have to know for sure.

you guessing will either give you too little output, which will leave you wanting to turn the gain up and clip then eventually blow the speakers,

or you will run it at too low of a ohm load and possibly damage subs and amp.

see when i got da amp from him he had da amp bridged dat's y it confuses da hell ot of me...but i just did'nt know how he ran the speaker wire from the amp 2 da sub's..i'm wondering if he ran 2 speaker wires from the amp 2 each conecter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.