Need help, sub not playing music

Could it be something about the wiring inside the sub enclosure? Since the sub has dual voice coils, i had to bridge it with a bridge and two screws which came with the sub. I believe i bridged negative 2 to positive 1. Anyways, could the bridge that came with the sub be faulty? Or basically could anything go wrong inside the sub enclosure that could turn on the protect mode on the amp?

the spark to the ring terminal is nothing major, as long as it didnt blow any of the fuses in in the amp then it didnt get enough to it to do any damage, or it shouldn't have, is the ground on bare metal, and what kind of amp and sub are we talking about so we have an idea on the specs of what your running

i think u r ****ed i had the same problem about three years ago with a kenwood 1200W mono amp i installed it in the trunk and was really excited to put it in. So i never unplugged my positive cable on the battery, i was leaning into the trunk and accident slipped and touched to power to the ground and it made a spark. now the fuse on the amp and the inline fuse never blew so i figured i got lucky and nothing happen. well i wasn't that lucky the amp would turn on but couldnt get it to play any sound then realized the red light was on but nothing would happen. i tried my friends amp with my wiring and his worked fine basicly i fried the amp and it would no longer work. sorry man but im almost 100% sure your in the same boat i was so yeah the amp is prob junk. this is why they always say to unplugg the battery and do not reinstall it till everything is hooked up its a sucky lesson in car audio to have to learn and i hurtful waste of money sorry for your loss dude

I know the amp worked when I shipped it, it was hooked up in my car only a few days before... so either it was damaged during shipping or something happened with the wiring... hopefully it's fine and it's just something simple wrong

try another amp go to a local walmart grab a cheap o amp try it out then bring it back . or if you know some one with a amp try it out. take some pics of your ground . you might wana try to change your front fuse well your at it. so this is what you have to do tryanother amp with how your wires are at this time. change your front fuse and let us know. oh yea take a pic of your ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.