Need Help, Sound Digital SD5K Clipping BAD!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jonny101abc
10+ year member

SOCAL Stang-Man
hey there everyone,

i just hooked up my sounddigital sd5k today, and it started clipping real bad at vol 5 on my h/u

my mt's started to stink something wicked, so it unhooked them, before they blew.

any idea's on how to take care of this, or is the amp toast?

John

ok ,then unhook your woofers ,turn the gain all the way to the left, thenturn your deck up to where you like to listen to it loud.then start to turn your gains up, when the clipping light starts to come without blinking,back it off just a little.turn your system down then off hook your woofers back up and enjoy.this is what i was told to do by murilo ....... just for your info there is no such thing as a stock gain setting

ok ,then unhook your woofers ,turn the gain all the way to the left, thenturn your deck up to where you like to listen to it loud.then start to turn your gains up, when the clipping light starts to come without blinking,back it off just a little.turn your system down then off hook your woofers back up and enjoy.this is what i was told to do by murilo ....... just for your info there is no such thing as a stock gain setting
The knob is all the way left, when I turn my volume up more than 5 or 6 on the head unit it starts clipping, u know there is no stock gain setting

my voltage is sitting at 14.3 idle so that's fine.

Crossover is set from the h701, I have it set from 25-80hz
Make sure the sub out is way down on the 701 before you set your gains and see if that helps.

I have an o-scope and I've tested my sub out on my 701 & it clips above 5 for some reason while all the other outputs didn't clip at all. It was clipping the input of my sub amp so I lowered it to 2 and set my gains from there and it works wonderfully. I've had it for years, explored every setting. Not sure why this is but I've tested it multiple times and get the same results. Could be what is happening with yours.

Make sure the sub out is way down on the 701 before you set your gains and see if that helps.
I have an o-scope and I've tested my sub out on my 701 & it clips above 5 for some reason while all the other outputs didn't clip at all. It was clipping the input of my sub amp so I lowered it to 2 and set my gains from there and it works wonderfully. I've had it for years, explored every setting. Not sure why this is but I've tested it multiple times and get the same results. Could be what is happening with yours.

Thank bro, I'll try that

John

This thing is driving me crazy!

I have the bass setting on the H/U at 0 of 15, gain on the amp all the way counterclockwise, and it's still clipping at any volume above 5 or 6 on the H/U.

I've tried removing the 701, and the amp is still clipping at very low volumes.

I've also tried switching inputs from sub/center to rear on the 701, and it's still clipping

help please

John

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.