Need help sizing the best box/subs for my setup 1500w rms max

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpeedEuphoria
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BCM
Hey looking to run ~1500w at most may be closer to 1200w or so at 1ohm(depends on best bang for buck amp deal)

My car is an '03 2 dr Stratus, subs will be going in trunk. Measurements are 16.5" tall and 36", wide depth can be varied.

I like the Diamond D6 subs and would like to try ported since I listen mainly to rap. How big of box would I need for 2x 12 D6's ported??? I've seen suggestions for 3.5-3.7 ft^3(this is for 2x subs correct?, if so its doable from the box calculator I've been trying)

I dont really want to take up my whole trunk so may have to settle for a single 15 ported or seal the 12's?

basically if you had 1500w max rms and wanted 2x 12's ported what subs would you choose for best bang for the buck(overall with loudness and quality) and what size box would you put them in?

Type R's!!!!! At the lowest you go with around 3.5 cubes for both ported....4.5 would be great....

If you want SQ but still loudness, I might get yelled at for this but it's true, Go with CVX's, They get very loud and still sound rather good doing it! 4.5 as well would be best....

Alright I think I have settled on the MB Quart DSC1500.1D amp.

I see people mention that the Diamond D6's should handle 750rms all day with there 3" vc.

Can buy this for $466 shipped

Any other subs with better bang for the buck?

The Type R's are cheaper?

If I wanted to go a little Cheaper I'd prob go with a Audiopipe 1501 and Some Type R 12's for $377 shipped

Settled on the DSC1500.1D amp and a single D615 ported as after rethinking my trunk thats about all I have room for, or 2x12's sealed which costs more and are prob close in loudness. Plan to throw 1kw at it all day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.