Need Help Selecting Amp(s)

A lot. Re read what the person who started the post is looking for. On a side note CCA does perform better than OFC except in every test ever conducted. Please stop telling people what you think they should do. People don't come on here to have you tell them how ct sounds is awesome and hifonics rocks or what you would do. Most people are looking for legitimate answers to their issues. Don't try and spout efficiency is better on a 400-500 watt system, it's negligible at best. And yes a high end constant power amplifier, in most given cases, will out perform a "class d"

A lot. Re read what the person who started the post is looking for. On a side note CCA does perform better than OFC except in every test ever conducted. Please stop telling people what you think they should do. People don't come on here to have you tell them how ct sounds is awesome and hifonics rocks or what you would do. Most people are looking for legitimate answers to their issues. Don't try and spout efficiency is better on a 400-500 watt system, it's negligible at best. And yes a high end constant power amplifier, in most given cases, will out perform a "class d"
He asked for an opinion on what amp he should run, I gave him mine. Your self proclaimed opinion is worth no more than anyone elses and I could care less what brand he uses, just a suggestion. No different than you raving on how JL rocks and he should run mids and highs off the same amp. Every aspect of this thread is a matter of opinion, there are no facts, so I can express my opinion the same as you. If you don't agree with what I say, dont read it. That simple. As for opinion, 99% of all decent sounding subs are on a mono channel, class D amp. I have been to competitions, know MANY people who have won such competitions and have never seen anyone run subs and mids off the same amp. So you sir, are a minority on this opinion. Good day!

Lolol he is definately trying to compete.... or is he trying to set up his 4 speakers. Congrats on going to competitions. Way to compare apples to fugging unicorns. Did you know there is a whole other side to car audio than the class deeeezzzz

Lolol he is definately trying to compete.... or is he trying to set up his 4 speakers. Congrats on going to competitions. Way to compare apples to fugging unicorns. Did you know there is a whole other side to car audio than the class deeeezzzz
Lol, I kind of deciphered what you typed and I'm not comparing anything. I have seen the way professionals do it and they do not run subs and mids off the same amp. It's common sense..... His original questions were if he should run two amps and what kind of amps are good. I told him what I thought would be best and what kind of amps are the most widely used and best quality. If you disagree with the suggestions I give him, that is fine. But just because an opinion is yours, does not automatically make it right. Instead of arguing with me, maybe you should put more emphasis on helping the OP. He will pick which route to go on his own, no need to bash everyone else for having a different view. With that said, I am done with this conversation. Hope your 4 channel sub amps work out good!

Lolol "professionals" do you mean people competing or people trying to sell out of a shop? If you read the post he would like to run one amp. Now let's look at it from his point of view. A 3 channel or 4 channel would be good for him. The 3 channel is cheaper. The 4 channel leads infinite expandability options if he decides he wants more. A single amp will be cheaper and easy to wire up. The problem with forums is that when you start spouting off untruths someone will read it and then think that is fact. No, you do not have to use a class d mono for subs. There is not 2 types of amplifiers, and all amplifiers have the ability to be configured differently..... except dedicated sub amps. A lot of those only have a limited range. Arguing that you have to use a class d for subs because competitors do.... well, that's just stupid and childish. But mom! He's doing it so it's right

OK, let me clarify what I want. The car in question is an old 911. The cabin is tiny. There are two spots where the amp or amps can go:

Spot 1: Under passenger seat where the existing piece of crap (Nokia) amp is located. The available space here is roughly 12 x 12 x 3. This is the preferred position due to proximity to the subs (1.5 feet away) and the head unit (2 feet away). Additionally, the HU is already wired to this spot so it is the easiest and best location for an amp.

Spot 2: In the trunk which in these cars is in the front. Although I have no problem putting something in here it has several dis-advantages. Long runs of wire, labor & the loss of valuable space where groceries, etc.. have to be carried. The spare tire is up there too which needs to be accessible.

The best situation for me is one amp under the seat. I think the JL will fit there but I need to take the seat out and measure.

Additional considerations: I am not an audiophile. I am looking for "good" not "best" while avoiding poor quality stuff. Future expansion is not likely given the tight space although there are 2 existing 6x9's in the rear which I will either not use or just hook up to the head power for fill.

Thoughts?

The jbl gto3ez is perfect for you. It is roughly 11.5x11.5x2.8. Other than that you'll have to start looking at the micro amps. The ppi atoms, zed micro, mb quart mykro. The gto will probably be the easiest install but there are a few options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.