NEED HELP! -- Question About Subwoofer -- Might be BLOWN?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Archon280

Just got a 15inch Memphis power reference subwoofer and wondering if it is blown. I go to push on the cone and it was stiff and didn't want to move. I gave it a little oomf and now it's pushing no problem. Sounds a little scratchy when pushed in but looks in great shape and isn't loud when pushed. I put my meter on positive and negative terminals and it read a constant 1.9 ohms. Personally I think it's good and it just needed some pushing on the cone to free it up again. Don't want to have to take it outside and take apart my current system to test it right now. Trying to see what others opinion on it is as well. Also, is this a good subwoofer, has anyone owned anything like it, and what kind of deep bass should I expect out of it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.