Need help powering this madness!

horrible idea, that will turn it into a mono signal and it'll sound like an absolute mess. I'd get another pioneer gm 8604, bridge one to the midbass, have the other one run the tweeter and 6x9 if you want more power. The anarchy 7s will sound 1000x better with alot of power on it. Dont even pay attention to the RMS rating, those things can handle 350 watts + per speaker easy and sound a lot cleaner with more power.
You'll want to do the big 3 upgrade and maybe an extra battery in the back or and upgraded under the hood battery. Definitely run 1 ohm because you are never getting the power you see at 1 ohm, you are actually in the 2-4 ohm ranges due to impedance rise aka how the sub acts in an enclosure. You'll at best see 2 ohm power its the same with every amp. This is why you have a lot of people running at half or even 0.33 ohms to get good power out of certain amps. Its just physics, I'd always have more power on tap then lower the gain, just because you have all that power doesnt mean you need it all. Doing so will keep the amp a lot cooler than an amp forced to go 120% all the times even at a higher ohm load to do the job its supposed to do. Overhead is needed to keep the sound clean, distortion free and keep the amps safe cool and reliable.
That's exactly the info I need. Thanks man!!!

Although I have one concern. If I bridge those Pioneer channels, wpuldn't the output impedance be 2Ohm and no longer compatible with the 4Ohm Anarchys?

Thanks again!

That's exactly the info I need. Thanks man!!!Although I have one concern. If I bridge those Pioneer channels, wpuldn't the output impedance be 2Ohm and no longer compatible with the 4Ohm Anarchys?

Thanks again!
The impedance the amp sees is 4 ohms it doesnt change to 2 ohms. In bridge mode its stable to 4 ohms bridged or even 2 ohms bridged since the amp is stable at 1 ohm so you will have absolutely no issues.

I have that exact same amp bridged to my dedicated midrange speakers. It sounds a hell of a lot better than using single channels.

The impedance the amp sees is 4 ohms it doesnt change to 2 ohms. In bridge mode its stable to 4 ohms bridged or even 2 ohms bridged since the amp is stable at 1 ohm so you will have absolutely no issues.
I have that exact same amp bridged to my dedicated midrange speakers. It sounds a hell of a lot better than using single channels.
Thanks man!! I just ordered the Anarchy 7's, the two alpine 6x9 3-ways, two Pioneer Amps (the 4 channel D type amplifiers). I am currently still deciding between the IDQ12 V.4 D2 and the Dayton Ultimax 12. And I'm also researching good tweeters.

Please let me know if you have any recommendation for the tweeters to put on my dashboard. I'm installing all this as soon as i get it. With an additional battery too. Just finishing up the sound deadening for now.

Thanks man!! I just ordered the Anarchy 7's, the two alpine 6x9 3-ways, two Pioneer Amps (the 4 channel D type amplifiers). I am currently still deciding between the IDQ12 V.4 D2 and the Dayton Ultimax 12. And I'm also researching good tweeters.
Please let me know if you have any recommendation for the tweeters to put on my dashboard. I'm installing all this as soon as i get it. With an additional battery too. Just finishing up the sound deadening for now.
these are alpine type X factory surpluses. I just got a pair just to play around, they sound very clean and can play a wide range. Used to be 200+ dollars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-alpine-HIEND-28MM-dome-car-tweeter-4ohm-50W-vifa-XT25-PK-scanspeak-seas-/222186264721

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.