Need help planning the front stage for a 2000 Mustang Coupe

so I got the trunk ready (2 JL w6s and a PDX12 alpine)... Now for the front. So got 6x8s in the door and the same in the rear deck. It has that Mach 460 system so it has those pods up by the mirrors which Im thinkin to put the tweeters with some minor customization.

Now what Im lookin for is good clear sound quality... am I trying to enter SQ comps, no. I jus want to have a sound system that makes listenin to music fun and be able to hear the lil things in tracks the normal audio player doesnt get right with some soundstage to it.

So Im starting from scratch and lookin for opinions on how to get this **** around where I want it and I need advice on everything (processors if needed, speakers, EQ...etc) only limitation is IM NOT lookin to buy the high end $300 plus components or $1000 amps sooo help a OG get back in the game

And Sound Dampening throughout the car is a given so no need for that...

Things I'v e got qustions on are....

Do I need to put anything in the rear deck like a full range 6x9 or should I leave them empty and jus use a component set for a small coupe like my car?

What wattage area should I stick around? I want to be loud but not screamin.

What are some good SQ amp & speaker companies these days?

with the mach system you'll need to do a lotta stuff to be able to put aftermarket speakers and amps in. not really sure what they are i've just heard its a pain in the scrotum to do

with the mach system you'll need to do a lotta stuff to be able to put aftermarket speakers and amps in. not really sure what they are i've just heard its a pain in the scrotum to do
nah they jus got 6x8's in the door so if I do 6.5s lets say I can jus buy adapters for that and I opened up the pods and its a small coax speaker with two screws on each side of it. small bit of plastic fab and its done... buddy of mine runs a car audio shop been around for years and he said he would charge me $35 if i give him the tweeters to make them fit right back in, said hes done it in 6 or 7 mustangs like mine.

What is your budget for speakers? CDT, Focal, Hertz, and Rainbow come to mind for some nice sq components. Woofersetc.com come has a pretty good deal on Image Dynamics 6.5 components for 159.99. I hear good things about Massive Audio being a decent budget set that gets loud. I have had good luck with MB Quart amps they are a good budget amp that does what they are rated for. If money is not a problem look at Adison.

Very easy, take out old speaker dremmel a tad, bam your done.

My son has a 2000 V6 coupe. We bought the pods on ebay for 20 bucks. Installed a Alpine type R component set, runs off a sundown 100.4 and sounds great.

What is your budget for speakers? CDT, Focal, Hertz, and Rainbow come to mind for some nice sq components. Woofersetc.com come has a pretty good deal on Image Dynamics 6.5 components for 159.99. I hear good things about Massive Audio being a decent budget set that gets loud. I have had good luck with MB Quart amps they are a good budget amp that does what they are rated for. If money is not a problem look at Adison.
I duess you would say mid range is my price area.... lets say a step above entry level stuff

I think most of us agree the best SQ speaker comp for $200 is HAT Imagine I61-2.
I prefer flexibility in my amps, i.e. crossovers that can run active. Used is the best value.
so should I go with one set of components or put some midbass in the rear deck too.....or instead of the rear deck put them in the kick panels

personally if you are after sq, while staying within a budget, i would at least consider getting the matching alpine f4 amplifier (very efficent and has great sq).

the type r comp idea seems really good, they are fairly inexpensive, and have even better reviews. (especially the new ones).

didn't see anything about what hu you plan on using, this is where you shouldn't cheap out because it really is the brains of your system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.