Need help picking either 6x9 or 6 1/2 rear speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I am going to be making a budget system setup. I have the subs picked out, and have the amp picked up also. I am going to be using some 6x8's in the front of my truck. The problem is to make the subwoofer box where i need it, the box will cover my rear stock speakers. So I need to use a box for 6x9s or some 6 1/2's.

My question for you guys is can you suggest some good speakers for the rear. I am going to have 2 12" subs, so the bass should cover that. I think maybe i should get some 6 1/2 for the rear. I really am looking for something that will be loud. I will be using them for an amp "not sure yet". I would like to spend $150 or less for the pair. Thanks for any suggestions.

Instead of spending the money on front speakers, back speakers, and enclosures... I highly recommend getting a set of component speakers for the front that can handle a decent amount of power. Loud comps up front > coax's all around. I've had the exact same highs setup that you are preparing to go with.... and I now have what I am suggesting. Believe me when I say it is a HUGE step up in volume, clarity, and imaging.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I would like to get some coax's for now. I think I am going to get some component in February , but just need something for 4 or 5 months.

Is it possible to get a good pair of component speakers for around $150. Thanks for any suggestions.
WoofersEtc.com - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRebmgsWo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6dFvmFnyxo

^Those are both my videos^

I've tried a few sets in the sub $200 range and have yet to find a set that will beat these. As of lately, JBL MS speakers have been getting good reviews so I plan to check those out when I can; but, other than that, for less than $200 my top choice would definitely be the ID CTXs; unless you like a really laid back type of sound, in which case the JL C2s would fit you very well; but I think the price has gone up a little bit on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.