Speaker size dilemma?

Participant count
  • Participant list

deidrajim

Hello, Sorry For title error I meant SPEAKER CHOICE!?

I have a 2012 nissan Pathfinder S model. I have purchased the amps and subs and also player already! But i am stuck in a dilemma between component speakers or just 2 way? Some told me Component is best, Then another said component is useless! So really what is recommended? So this place is where i came to get the advice!

Everything is all Planet Audio!

Planet Audio PI9756 7" Flip-Out LCD Touchscreen

Planet Audio AC 1800.5 channel AMP

Planet Audio BB 2400.1 1ohm Mono Class D AMP (for subs)

Planet Audio 2 BB212D 12' D.V.C 4ohm

The 5 Channel Amp is for my mids and highs, But i again am stuck on Component or just an coaxial 2 way type speakers? I need 6x9 for my front doors and rear doors are 6.5 Please any sugguestions would be helpful!

You have more choices for components of 6.5, that can be placed in the 6x9 opening,and do a little sealing, and get more sq, along with some better choices/rms handling speakers,2 way Polk DB would be just fine for the rears,as a suggestion for one

Okay great! So Components up front, coaxials rear! So it wouldnt be wise to run components in the rear to right? I also forgot to mention i was wanting that movie theater sound when watching dvds. would that be a good idea to run both components front and rear?

I wouldn't abandon the idea of using 6x9 components in front so fast. A 6x9 woofer has about as much cone area as an 8 inch woofer, so you can expect a good bass output coming from the front of car. One popular "budget" (under $200) component set is Massive Audio CK series. They have a 6x9 version called CK69X. This is a convertible component, so you can try running it either in coaxial mode or component mode. Another a bit higher end set would be Hybrid Audio Imagine i69-2. These cost about $350, but they are worth this price. These are also convertible between coaxial or component setup. If you get the Massive Audio CK69x, you could also get a matching CK set for the rear. If you used HAT Imagine in front, I'd consider using a cheaper matching HAT Mirus 6x9 speaker in the rear. Actually, I'd prefer to run 2-way active front with no rear speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.