Need help picking a decent Head Unit.

Moparman1539
10+ year member

Hello,

I need some help picking a good head. I would REALLY like to get one with a 7" flip out screen. (i like cool things like that) But i can only spend about $350. Every single one i found within that price range i herd mixed reviews about.

I want one that has a nice user interface (appealing to look at, and works smoothly). I could care less about iPod support. I would like one with an AUX input (anything with a 3.5mm jack can be connected to.) And also Video input. And blue tooth would be nice, but i don't NEED it. And something with good sound quality.

I liked that features that the Dual XDVD8183. But herd a lot of negative things about Dual. http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8183.html

So if anybody has any experience. I would like to hear it. And if you could suggest anything. Please do so. I would really appreciate it.

Remember $350, and a single DIN slot with flip out screen.

Thanks!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

welcome to forums.

I'll say it first, and im sure many many many will agree, but you are basically just throwing away your money if you want a decent head unit and are looking for a $350 flip out haha (especially dual, jensen, phase linear, etc). If you really want a flip out i would save some more money and get something worthwhile, if not $350 will get you a pretty sick regular head unit.

Thanks

Yeah thats what i thought you guys would say. But i really don't want to spend more than that. Might be willing to go to $500 but not anything more. Is there anything good around $500? I have a part time minimum wage job... I'm not rich lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks!

I found a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD for $450. Is that a lot better? It is brand name.

there's someone selling a 5700dvd from pioneer for 400+shipping. Screen is 6.5" but that's a good price for that unit. I should know, i had it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hello,
I need some help picking a good head. I would REALLY like to get one with a 7" flip out screen. (i like cool things like that) But i can only spend about $350. Every single one i found within that price range i herd mixed reviews about.

I want one that has a nice user interface (appealing to look at, and works smoothly). I could care less about iPod support. I would like one with an AUX input (anything with a 3.5mm jack can be connected to.) And also Video input. And blue tooth would be nice, but i don't NEED it. And something with good sound quality.

I liked that features that the Dual XDVD8183. But herd a lot of negative things about Dual. http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8183.html

So if anybody has any experience. I would like to hear it. And if you could suggest anything. Please do so. I would really appreciate it.

Remember $350, and a single DIN slot with flip out screen.

Thanks!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I just pulled one of those out of a friends car. It quite working after about a year.

Ok, Dual = Bad - Check

Ok ill start saving up for somethign a little nicer. Like the pioneer. Or something. ill keep shopping.

Thanks tough. Glad i didn't get it. For $100 more i can get brand name.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.