Need HELP on whether to solder or not.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Saiko117

Ok, so I ordered some Rockford Fosgate P2L 212"s and a 2000w Power Acoustik amp the other day. I just wanted a little 'kick' in my 1978 Delta 88 Olds trunk. They finally came in today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif and I have run into a debate.

Should I solder the speaker wire ends that connect my subs to my amp to prevent fraying, splitting, and rusting? It might make a better connection but I have also heard that doing that might cause interference, and not make it sound as good. If you guys have any answers or opinions, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Yeah thanks, that's what I thought. I don't know why, but I just heard that it did and was very confused because it wouldn't seem like it would do anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.