Need help on this

djqueball

Az
Ok i have a question maybe someone can resolve my issue..

I have 2 door speakers

I have 2 6x9 speakers

I have 2 12inch Subs on a Mono Block amp

only the subs are on a amp, the rest are on head unit

my max volume on my head unit is 50, my best volume setting without clipping my door and 6x9s is about 34 to 36 volume level. if i do my door n 6x9 speakers clip. what could i add to allow me to crank the volume on my subs without affecting my other speakers?..

my head unit settings are pretty much underpowering my subs

Tone control = bass 2, Mid -1, Treb 4.

Sub Control = 50hz, Boost 6

Loudness = HIGH

iv unhooked my door n 6x9's an pumped my volume to bout 40 to 45 and OMG my subs are hittin so hard my car flex's an rear view mirror falls off..lol..but i dont DARE take it to that volume with rest speakers hooked up.

i hope this makes sense on what i want to do..or you see what im after..

thanks

turn the treble down. turn the bass down, etc... and get a 4 channel amp. I know whatcha mean on that idea of wanting to even stuff out, a 4 channel from a dealer on here would be great, and would make you just silly happy with the sound. give some details on the setup too (like brands...etc..)

The simple solution here is to turn the gain up on the amplifier. The less simple problem you face is correctly turning up the gain to avoid heavily clipping the amplifier. Your fun ends if you damage the subs.

I have a

Rockford Fosgate R500-1D Prime 500 Watt Mono D-class Amplifer

MTX Terminator TNE212D (400watt RMS) 12inch Box set

pioneer HU

6x9s are Kenwoods 69$ pair..

door speakers are 4x6? or 6x8s i think (Pontiac sunfire factory door speakers)

I did a little searching and someone mention getting a Crossover

so that way i can feed the subs more volume as im turning it up on my Head unit

also i did today make a little adjustment to the Sub freq on the HU, changed it from 50hz to 100hz

so anything from 100hz and below the subs will react to..(options where 50,63, 100 and 125)

so in short would the crossover be what im after?

Clarion-MCD360 Crossover

no your head unit adjustment you mentioned is an active crossover for your subwoofer amplifier, you don't need another one

like stated previously, the short answer is turn the gain up on your amplifier.

The long answer is, learn how to set your gains correctly so you dont clip the signal feeding your subwoofer. Set your cd player to your speaker listening level then set the gain on your amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.