Defective Murder Mat?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
Any of you guys use this? I picked up 40 sq feet from crescendos site because they were having a 10% off sale and when i received and opened it i was confused because the deadener does not seem to have a constraining layer of aluminum just the plastic top? Upon checking out their site there should most definitely be an aluminum layer under the plastic. Is it just that thin? im pretty positive i got a bad batch or something. I haven't done much with it yet but cutting a piece off of it was like cutting through butter, nothing ive experienced with deadener before.

Which series did you get? Can you take a side shot of it. The aluminum layer in some mats is about as thick as tinfoil... a mil or 2 thick. Is there any silverfish color showing through in the center or towards the top?

its the bl. So yea its thin but the site claims 5 mil of anodized alum. Im at work right now so i cant get pictures i should be able to tell just by playing around with it though i would think. They show that you can peel back that plastic layer so ill have to try that. Im not sure maybe its just so thin and because its anodized you just cant tell its there

Just for reference for you, 5 mil is the thickness of plastic drop cloths, lawn and garden/contractor trash bags. Should cut fairly easy but look into it for sure

yea i just referenced a 5 mil epoxy transfer pin from a robot at work for size and its definitely a small thickness. maybe im just used to the thicker stuff. i was apprehensive about ordering the thin stuff but wanted to check it out and it was under 100 bucks before ship

the audio technix 80 mill deadener actually had pretty thick aluminum, haven't tried murdermat though.
everything ive come in contact has, and thats why i was sketched when i go this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.