Need Help on New Sundown Audio Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
Provo, UT
Hey all,

I just received my second Sundown Audio E-15 today. I currently have one E-15 in my 1997 Acura Integra. My current box is 3.6 cubes with a 2.5" port @34hz (Sundown recommends 3-4 cubes @35hz). It sounds amazing and gets low.

For my new build, I want a wall in the back seat and keep some space available in the hatchback area for amp and battery, and at the same time I'd like to roughly keep the same air space per chamber in a box I've had in mind. The new box/wall would be 42" x 23" x 19" with a 2" port in each chamber or 3.5" combined center port (your standard dual 15 box). If my math is correct, each chamber would roughly be 3.3 cubes. Sounds like I got it figured out, right? WRONG!

See, this is my first "wall" build, and I don't know if that's the BEST route to go in a hatchback that begs for bass. To somewhat simulate what I want, I moved my current single 15 box to where the wall would go and it sounded like s^^t. I moved it back further into the hatch (maybe 2 feet) and it thumped hard as hell. So it got me thinking, would a wall be better than building a standard box in the hatch?

This is where I open it up to you, my bass brethren. What are your thoughts? I'll be running a Hifonics BRZ1200.1D to them and the max dimensions for the wall are 42" x 23" x 19" unless I build a "T" box, which I'm not good at math for that haha. Please help me and give me suggestions!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.