need help on double din install on 06 Chevy Equinox LT

Participant count
  • Participant list

Andrewme

Hello, Im wanting to install a Clarion NX602 in my Equinox. It does not have onstar or the factory sub. What wiring harness will I need to connect it to my factory harness. looking to make it as easy as possible and would like to switch it back to stock if needed so I done want to cut into any of the wires. any other tips or tricks or anything else needed for install. Thanks for any help

Thanks. But I have little faith in most shops. Been burned too many times in the past by misinformation. I've found that the GMOS-08 is a great adaptor but I think it will be too much for my needs since I have no onstar and no factory sub. thanks for the quick reply though.

I took it by the sterio shop so they could install everything for me. They couldnt get it to power on. Even ran a new power wite to the harness and nothing. I have to take the factory radio back tomorrow for them to test it.

I took it by the sterio shop so they could install everything for me. They couldnt get it to power on. Even ran a new power wite to the harness and nothing. I have to take the factory radio back tomorrow for them to test it.
because they didn't use the GMOS adapter? it's a ~$100 adapter.

when you plug the c2r-gm24 in does it chime at you? if not then I would be the constant powering it is dead. If it does then makes sure that the red wire coming out of the box still has 12 v when the key is turned on. Those units only have like a 2a output. If it shorts out on something during the install with the key on it will toast it.

Yes. It chimes. The installer said it was something with the bus. Turns out that its the wring harness. I need the c2r-24B. He had one and said he will swap them out for free but now i have to wait till saturday.

Got it in and its working. The bluetooth wasnt working and they didnt install the connector that had all of the rca connections so i pulled it out and fixed the Bluetooth. And connected the rca cables and ran the av cable for the backup camera. While i had tge radio out i noticed that they didnt connect the reverse input signal and the vehicle speed signal wires were not hooked up. Do i need them hooked up or will it be fine to leave them unhooked.

Could i run a wire from the same reverse switch that i wire the camera to? And where can i tap the reverse to? Do i have to remove the taillight

Last edited by a moderator:
If I wire it like this I should be able to view the camera when in reverse and when I flip the switch. I do have the added ground that unlocks functions such as nav and dvd vedios while in motion.

Ill need to install some diodes to keep the reverse light from coming on when I flip the switch but thats no problem. please excuse the rough sketch.

View attachment 26547439

Would something like that work? put a 1N4001 diode inline to the backup lamp to keep it from turning on when the switch is on? Main reason that I want a switch is becuse I tow dirtbikes and would like to be able to check on them while in tow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.