Need Help? Let Me know

i have a sony cd90 old unit. going to a xover coustic xm7e then going to 2 amps a ppi 404 and a punch 200ix. then it goes to some vibe audio comps. i have this noise kinda like a static that i can't locate.

The first things I would check and inspect are your grounds, a week ground can easily cause popping and hissing noises. Also I am not sure about the sony head units but for the pioneer head units a lot of people have had to ground there RCAs because there ground was week as well. It may also be your radio antenna wore I have seen this happen before if it is a powered antenna it can cause interference with the new unit. Also try removing the Xover and see if you still have the noise. Let me know how you make out so we can go from there.

i checked all my grounds and they are good grounds. i used a dmm to check them. this sony is nothing like pioneer. i've tried elminating the xover and i still have the noise. a friend said that it's caused by EMI. any idea what that is?

i have a sony cd90 old unit. going to a xover coustic xm7e then going to 2 amps a ppi 404 and a punch 200ix. then it goes to some vibe audio comps. i have this noise kinda like a static that i can't locate.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

i checked all my grounds and they are good grounds. i used a dmm to check them. this sony is nothing like pioneer. i've tried elminating the xover and i still have the noise. a friend said that it's caused by EMI. any idea what that is?
Electromagnet interference, which it could be. How are your power wires and your rca wires ran? Are they on opposite sides of the car or on the same side? Also try taking the head unit out and play it see if it is still there, some dashes have a lot of magnetic interference from the dash.

the rca's down the middle of the car the power is on teh driver side. i take the hu out of the dash and the noise went down. the sony unit has a copper chassis i thought that was suppose to stop that.

Hey. Drive an 03 RSX Type-S. Definitely need help with my install and will pay. General consensus seems to be that you do a good job.

My equipment:

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD with American International ACU-K864 dash kit, Pioneer CD-IU200V and Metra 70-1721 harness

Elemental Designs 3.65is powered by Nakamichi PA-304

Elemental Designs 11kv.2 with custom enclosure by ED powered by ED NINe.4

General consensus from ClubRSX seems to be that deleting the rear speakers altogether is the best way to go for a good SQ system. My dad used to own a car stereo installation shop, he is just too busy at work to help with the install. The upside of that is that I'm sure I have all the speaker wire necessary for an install at my house, but I could also come to you if you'd prefer that. Need to know if I'm going to need anything else, and if you can't do it can you or anyone else in here refer me to somewhere in Central Jersey or the surrounding areas that will do a good install and won't break the bank.

Just as long as you have the power wire preferably a multi amp install kit such as the one posted below, rcas as well. I can definitely take car of putting that system in for ya and show you a few things along the way. I have plenty of time and available almost any day. You just let me know when is a good time for you. You are correct eliminating the rear speakers will help you have a better SQ setup. That is what I did in my civic. Also very nice car by the way, PM sent to you as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-05PKD4-4-Gauge-Amplifier-Power/dp/B000HJNGUA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248694094&sr=8-7

the rca's down the middle of the car the power is on teh driver side. i take the hu out of the dash and the noise went down. the sony unit has a copper chassis i thought that was suppose to stop that.
Any kind of metal is affected by EMI there may be some that are less affected than others but still can have interference. I would try moving the rcas to the other side of the car as far away as you can get form the power wire this may not be the cause but it may help. Also if you are using the ground in your wiring harness trying using a ground to just metal in the dash this, sometimes helps with the problem as well.

Hm I had the same problem in my old Honda civic never rely got rid of it either.
Mabye he should just hold the deck in his lap then and drive around lol.... So it wouldnt be a last resort to do that then. And I have had a few ppl use them and never complained about losing SQ.

But then again I bet he hasent even checked this page out to see when I asked what kindof rca's he has. Im betting cheap radioshake ones that are picking up everything. Also could be fuel pump noise as well.

What kindof car do you have good sir.willelumplump

Mabye he should just hold the deck in his lap then and drive around lol.... So it wouldnt be a last resort to do that then. And I have had a few ppl use them and never complained about losing SQ.
But then again I bet he hasent even checked this page out to see when I asked what kindof rca's he has. Im betting cheap radioshake ones that are picking up everything. Also could be fuel pump noise as well.

What kindof car do you have good sir.willelumplump
LMAO that was funny. But ya the ground wire could be to close to the fuel pump I never though of that. RCA wires are only going to help so much if they are double insulation than that could help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...