Need help in upgrading audio in chevy cruze 12 LS

Participant count
  • Participant list
With amp pushing atleast 70-80 watts i hope it is loud, because everyone says the most laid back speakers are usually quieter. But DLS has 93 dB sensitivity, & feeding atleast 70 watts will be enough, i guess what you guys think??
That would be plenty

70w-80w sent to a sub will not be loud. High sensitivity does not mean it is efficient.
Not sub door speakers re read and dont skim

The local guy did mention that it will be louder than my stock speakers, if its that loud i will be pleased, coz the cruze stock i crank up to 30 or sometimes 36 to be loud & max volume on the Hu is 45. Plenty of room for me i guess, He did mention the RF R1652 is loud, but how can it be loud with just 40RMS & 80 watts MAX whereas DLS C6a with Better quality is 60 RMS & 90 Max.

The prime line will get louder on little power but overall they are still a cheap speaker of sub par construction

look into the pioneer d series for bang for the buck. Or the ia components. At about 1-120 a set its quite cost efficient

The prime line will get louder on little power but overall they are still a cheap speaker of sub par construction
look into the pioneer d series for bang for the buck. Or the ia components. At about 1-120 a set its quite cost efficient
I don't think he will be having Pioneer comps, I personally haven't visited the shop, so i will go ask him someday. But whatever i listed here were the ones with Promos, means less cost. He would be having other stuff but he might charge higher. All promo stuff seems decent for my budget not so high also but ok.

Hmm wish i could listen b4 i purchased any product but unfortunately i can't, the thing is there is demo boards in the local store. Max i could spend is $1000 or below.

I loved my Rockford fosgates t165s.
Just today i went to a Car audio shop & heard the Punch series RF P 1652 or so comps, My God they Are insanely LOUD, that even 1 min of listening can cause damage to ears. The guy said he had it pushed @ 120 Watts. The tweetter were producing only Hissing noise, RF is loud but qualitywise it ***** to the core. They were clear but not tolerable on high volumes.

Just today i went to a Car audio shop & heard the Punch series RF P 1652 or so comps, My God they Are insanely LOUD, that even 1 min of listening can cause damage to ears. The guy said he had it pushed @ 120 Watts. The tweetter were producing only Hissing noise, RF is loud but qualitywise it ***** to the core. They were clear but not tolerable on high volumes.
well its not really fair to the speaker if they were set up to just be loud. you could always run them at a lower volume and they sound alot better but this shop being idiots just promoted loud which mean i already dont like them.

off of the power you want and a low budget i would pick you a pair of the pioneers

Pioneer TS-D1720C 6-3/4" Component Speaker System | 267-285

that is a reputable site and they back the warranty you can find them for cheaper online though

this is the other set i was talking about and its at a reputable dealer that is authorized to sell online. they carry alot of good equipment and right now alot of it is on sale for black friday and the ia black and blue sale

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components

well its not really fair to the speaker if they were set up to just be loud. you could always run them at a lower volume and they sound alot better but this shop being idiots just promoted loud which mean i already dont like them.
off of the power you want and a low budget i would pick you a pair of the pioneers

Pioneer TS-D1720C 6-3/4" Component Speaker System | 267-285

that is a reputable site and they back the warranty you can find them for cheaper online though

this is the other set i was talking about and its at a reputable dealer that is authorized to sell online. they carry alot of good equipment and right now alot of it is on sale for black friday and the ia black and blue sale

Incriminator Audio I Series 6.5" Components
I wish i could purchase online, i would have gone for the CDT, Image Dynamics or something else but the problem is i don't have credit card,i only pay by cash.

Here's the price estimate from the local shop :

Quote.gif

They said they would be doing Pro installation & will take 3 days to complete, for me it'll be a problem but end result will be good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is this price & setup good??

I wish i could purchase online, i would have gone for the CDT, Image Dynamics or something else but the problem is i don't have credit card,i only pay by cash.
Here's the price estimate from the local shop :

Quote.gif

They said they would be doing Pro installation & will take 3 days to complete, for me it'll be a problem but end result will be good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is this price & setup good??
Sounds like a rip off I would rather by gear online with a prepaid card or a debit card.

a 3 day install on that stuff is too long but hey its your time.

I would suggest 3 prs-f800 2 channels over both of those amps. Online they are cheap but in store they are pricey.

I dont have experience with dls so I can speak on that line.

really its up to how much do u trust the shop. I would rather install most things myself as I know if I screw up its on me.

really the prices arnt bad looking around 45% markup from what I see maybe a bit more

Sounds like a rip off I would rather by gear online with a prepaid card or a debit card.
a 3 day install on that stuff is too long but hey its your time.

I would suggest 3 prs-f800 2 channels over both of those amps. Online they are cheap but in store they are pricey.

I dont have experience with dls so I can speak on that line.

really its up to how much do u trust the shop. I would rather install most things myself as I know if I screw up its on me.

really the prices arnt bad looking around 45% markup from what I see maybe a bit more
Hmm Pioneer GM-5400 T kind of feels average in power, the DLS can handle upto 600 watts max & its open air. The one which you listed i can't find on google.

He said he would make a 40 litre enclosure for it & shallow enclosure.

The thing is im not DIY guy, & know nothing about installing etc, im just learning from sources like here. Thats ok i guess, but he lives in another city whereas i live somewhere else, its a 2 hr trip, im worried that is it safe to leave ur car there. How will i get back home is biggest problem. I thought it would take a day to complete. The guy said he will be doing a installation based on EMMA methodology as its a project for him.

I also went to a shop closest to me & he said he would charge $ 1089 for full Hertz gear including Hertz HSK 165 comps, & then matching Hertz sub & Audison amp. But i doubt their Quality of install & etc.

Hmm Pioneer GM-5400 T kind of feels average in power, the DLS can handle upto 600 watts max & its open air. The one which you listed i can't find on google.He said he would make a 40 litre enclosure for it & shallow enclosure.

The thing is im not DIY guy, & know nothing about installing etc, im just learning from sources like here. Thats ok i guess, but he lives in another city whereas i live somewhere else, its a 2 hr trip, im worried that is it safe to leave ur car there. How will i get back home is biggest problem. I thought it would take a day to complete. The guy said he will be doing a installation based on EMMA methodology as its a project for him.

I also went to a shop closest to me & he said he would charge $ 1089 for full Hertz gear including Hertz HSK 165 comps, & then matching Hertz sub & Audison amp. But i doubt their Quality of install & etc.
the hertz gear is better imho but a shop that has good installers can result in a better end result if they do their job correctly. some installers are willing to go the extra mile. i for one soldered and heatshrunk every harness that i did but my co-workers did not.

the pioneer is the prs-d800 sorry for the typo

and the 5400t is a walmart amp, yes it will work but it is junk compared to the sub it will be powering.

another thing that dls oa12 like you said is a sub designed for infinite baffle are you mounting this in the rear deck? if so you wont need but 3-400w to make it sound good. but in a box thats another story and i would start looking into other subs that like sealed boxes.

but i know little about dls except that there upper line is high quality

i know little of the emma method but from quick reading it looks to closely resemble our MECA rules so at least that shop has a competition background

the hertz gear is better imho but a shop that has good installers can result in a better end result if they do their job correctly. some installers are willing to go the extra mile. i for one soldered and heatshrunk every harness that i did but my co-workers did not.
the pioneer is the prs-d800 sorry for the typo

and the 5400t is a walmart amp, yes it will work but it is junk compared to the sub it will be powering.

another thing that dls oa12 like you said is a sub designed for infinite baffle are you mounting this in the rear deck? if so you wont need but 3-400w to make it sound good. but in a box thats another story and i would start looking into other subs that like sealed boxes.

but i know little about dls except that there upper line is high quality

i know little of the emma method but from quick reading it looks to closely resemble our MECA rules so at least that shop has a competition background
Hertz is better but some say its harsh on high volumes, but i think i would get more louder than my current DLS which has only entry level specs. 60 rms i believe is ok, but majority of ppl atleast on forums ive have found going for 100 watts rms or above. But im ok with my current future setup coz im just an high school student wid limited resources, i don't have a running income. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Regarding DLS, some even prefer DLS over FOCALS, coz focals too have harsh tweeter, Morels i believe would be best overall, but only the rich ppl can afford them, not High school or say college going dude.

The only thing now is cash & proper planning, coz 3 days is too much.

Hertz is better but some say its harsh on high volumes, but i think i would get more louder than my current DLS which has only entry level specs. 60 rms i believe is ok, but majority of ppl atleast on forums ive have found going for 100 watts rms or above. But im ok with my current future setup coz im just an high school student wid limited resources, i don't have a running income. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Regarding DLS, some even prefer DLS over FOCALS, coz focals too have harsh tweeter, Morels i believe would be best overall, but only the rich ppl can afford them, not High school or say college going dude.

The only thing now is cash & proper planning, coz 3 days is too much.
well i completely understand ur situation. hertz hasnt been harsh for me but o havent dealt with anything lower than the hsk line.

wattage wise 60w is fine. you can run a 60w speaker on 100w if it is crossed over correctly, and this typically sounds better than the lower wattage but it is not necessary for you considering your whole system wont be competition loud. you substage will be lucky to break 130db on the meter which is fine for a starter system its also alot easier to have dynamic range on you highs with the lower sub volumes.

lots of guys around here are running the pioneer deh-80prs with no amp for the doors and are achieving pretty nice results due to the amount of tuning ability the deck has rather than the power it puts out.

the biggest thing on saving your door speakers from blowing is crossing the over high enough that the bass notes dont play through them. typically when setting up other peoples systems i set the high pass filter to 80hertz.

and with harshness in mind, most of the time you can tame a muddy mid or harsh tweet just by adjusting the eq. but dont boost just cut. most harshness appears around the 4-6khz ranch which is wear female vocals and s sound typically play at.

all in all you can always upgrade in the future, but i dont like the gm-t5400 period it get hot as hell and is junk, but it will work and you can always upgrade later so its your call

well i completely understand ur situation. hertz hasnt been harsh for me but o havent dealt with anything lower than the hsk line.
wattage wise 60w is fine. you can run a 60w speaker on 100w if it is crossed over correctly, and this typically sounds better than the lower wattage but it is not necessary for you considering your whole system wont be competition loud. you substage will be lucky to break 130db on the meter which is fine for a starter system its also alot easier to have dynamic range on you highs with the lower sub volumes.

lots of guys around here are running the pioneer deh-80prs with no amp for the doors and are achieving pretty nice results due to the amount of tuning ability the deck has rather than the power it puts out.

the biggest thing on saving your door speakers from blowing is crossing the over high enough that the bass notes dont play through them. typically when setting up other peoples systems i set the high pass filter to 80hertz.

and with harshness in mind, most of the time you can tame a muddy mid or harsh tweet just by adjusting the eq. but dont boost just cut. most harshness appears around the 4-6khz ranch which is wear female vocals and s sound typically play at.

all in all you can always upgrade in the future, but i dont like the gm-t5400 period it get hot as hell and is junk, but it will work and you can always upgrade later so its your call
Ok, i might ditch that setup & might go for the HSK 165 setup from other local shop coz i think its not worth spending that much on DLS for that much RMS rating. Its crap. Only natural sound but not loud enough, then screw it.

Well the other shop said that he would put something behind the speakers so that it works well, idk what you call it, sound deadning, or sound proofing with HSK 165 & audison 5 channel amp or Hertz i believe which may be way better than those pioneer i believe.

I don't turn it loud all the time but i do listen at more than moderate volume like say 30 for long period, so i thought for a little headr room those HSk will blow that DLS anytime.

That shop does sell good gear but all seems to be entry level which *****, Like That Rockford fosgate prime (entry level), then this DLS C6A (Again entry level) Many on forums are using Reference & some MSA then why would they recommend the entry level idk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok, i might ditch that setup & might go for the HSK 165 setup from other local shop coz i think its not worth spending that much on DLS for that much RMS rating. Its crap. Only natural sound but not loud enough, then screw it.
Well the other shop said that he would put something behind the speakers so that it works well, idk what you call it, sound deadning, or sound proofing with HSK 165 & audison 5 channel amp or Hertz i believe which may be way better than those pioneer i believe.

I don't turn it loud all the time but i do listen at more than moderate volume like say 30 for long period, so i thought for a little headr room those HSk will blow that DLS anytime.

That shop does sell good gear but all seems to be entry level which *****, Like That Rockford fosgate prime (entry level), then this DLS C6A (Again entry level) Many on forums are using Reference & some MSA then why would they recommend the entry level idk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Its all money man most shops mark up 70-80%.

Yea selling the more expensive one makes more for them but selling more of the cheap ones makes up for this.

sound deadening is very important in any install and I easily spent 500 on just that in my car I have now.

Sealing up the chevy doors is a pain due to the bottle holders but it can be done. I did it so I know its possible.

Hertz and audison both make good gear same as jl but it comes at a price most guys dont want to pay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.