Need help in upgrading audio in chevy cruze 12 LS

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bcruze1

Hi guys, I feel i have come to the right place for my needs & help. Ok so in my are there is a local shop who does all the car audio upgrades & is one of the best in it. They provided all the promo products for my budget. Could pls help me to choose the right components for now :

Option1 PowerBass S-6C front speakers & S-652 Rear speakers - $190

Option2 Rockford Fosgate R1652-S Front speakers & R1653 Rear speakers - $ 251

Option3 Way out of my budget Focals Ps 165 & PC165 (Only brand name i guess) - $435

1 more which wasn't listed in promo page:

4) DLS C6A Fronts & B6A Rears - $299.48

Note: The prices are including installation

Which is better combined with SQSPL ??

Depends what your substage looks like. Are you running these suggested speakers on an amplifier,

Hi guys, I feel i have come to the right place for my needs & help. Ok so in my are there is a local shop who does all the car audio upgrades & is one of the best in it. They provided all the promo products for my budget. Could pls help me to choose the right components for now :
Option1 PowerBass S-6C front speakers & S-652 Rear speakers - $190

Option2 Rockford Fosgate R1652-S Front speakers & R1653 Rear speakers - $ 251

Option3 Way out of my budget Focals Ps 165 & PC165 (Only brand name i guess) - $435

1 more which wasn't listed in promo page:

4) DLS C6A Fronts & B6A Rears - $299.48

Note: The prices are including installation

Which is better combined with SQSPL ??

Definitely ill be insstalling an amp with it. Either the Phoenix gold Z500.4 or something which they have to offer me. But im not going to change Head unit, coz if i do ill loose all the settings related to my car. A member who is an expertise in other forums said that Head unit is so good for High output & signal was fine from the stock head unit of cruze.

Definitely ill be insstalling an amp with it. Either the Phoenix gold Z500.4 or something which they have to offer me. But im not going to change Head unit, coz if i do ill loose all the settings related to my car. A member who is an expertise in other forums said that Head unit is so good for High output & signal was fine from the stock head unit of cruze.
I havent heard of not being able to put an after market radio in. usually they have vehical specific wire harness to accomdate. Does that stock OEM radio have RCA preouts? is there an amplifier integrated in the factory stereo system? If your worried about losing steering controls, they also make adapters for that.

I don't think the Stock OEM radio has RCA, which in that case i have to use LOC's & regarding the Amp im not sure. But speakers as everyone says are rated at 20 watts rms/ channel. But anyays if i put an amp i will be bypassing the stock head units power. The local guy said.

I don't think the Stock OEM radio has RCA, which in that case i have to use LOC's & regarding the Amp im not sure. But speakers as everyone says are rated at 20 watts rms/ channel. But anyays if i put an amp i will be bypassing the stock head units power. The local guy said.
If its a chevy cruze they do make a kit for it but then the top screen looses alot of funtion.

and yes the factory radio is fine for high level signal.

The non pioneer factory system plays flat across all channels with no highpass or lowpass filters so its easy to get a full range signal.

on the other hand working behind the factory deck is a pita because it is tight space.

ps whatever you do dont take the back seat back out putting it back in is the hardest thing I ever did on my cruze.

If its a chevy cruze they do make a kit for it but then the top screen looses alot of funtion.
and yes the factory radio is fine for high level signal.

The non pioneer factory system plays flat across all channels with no highpass or lowpass filters so its easy to get a full range signal.

on the other hand working behind the factory deck is a pita because it is tight space.

ps whatever you do dont take the back seat back out putting it back in is the hardest thing I ever did on my cruze.
The member also mentioned changing the Head unit will cost a lot more with a little benefit. Since cruze already has a nice Head unit, IDC about head unit, i have AUX which is more than enough, Though there maybe slight improvement with aftermarket Headunit but its not worth the cost. I am only concentrating on SPEAKERS, AMP, & SUBWOOFERS thats it. With that itself i have struggle & bring my budget around $1000 or more.

Is the phoenix gold Z500.4 good amp or should i go for the cheaper Pioneer amp?? The PG puts out 75x4 @ 4 OHMS. I guess enough for the DLS components whose max is 90 watts.

The phoniex gold is fine id look into the jbl ms6.5c for components.
you are prolly gonna have to make a mounting ring to give you some extra depth but its not that difficult
JBL is known Brand which seems a bit expensive for my budget, il ask the local guy if he has this amp. PG seems somewhat perfect for my budget. But efficiency is @ 50% which i doubt will be good. Here's the link for it: Z500.4 - 500 Watt 4 Channel amplifier - Phoenix Gold This model is not sold in U.S, IDk why?? Strange....

I also like the SD series specially the PG SD 800.4, but for my setup i think PG Z500.4 is adequate. Now i am confused whether to buy 4 channel amp + 1 channel amp or 5 amp if i put subwoofer.

Which will be cheaper?? 4 channel + 1 Channel or 5 Channel amp.

JBL is known Brand which seems a bit expensive for my budget, il ask the local guy if he has this amp. PG seems somewhat perfect for my budget. But efficiency is @ 50% which i doubt will be good. Here's the link for it: Z500.4 - 500 Watt 4 Channel amplifier - Phoenix Gold This model is not sold in U.S, IDk why?? Strange....
I also like the SD series specially the PG SD 800.4, but for my setup i think PG Z500.4 is adequate. Now i am confused whether to buy 4 channel amp + 1 channel amp or 5 amp if i put subwoofer.

Which will be cheaper?? 4 channel + 1 Channel or 5 Channel amp.
No that z series isnt avaliable in the us. Look into precision power for good budget amps.

a 5ch can work great but it really depends on how much power you need for subs.

not many options with more than 500w on the sub channel

No that z series isnt avaliable in the us. Look into precision power for good budget amps.
a 5ch can work great but it really depends on how much power you need for subs.

not many options with more than 500w on the sub channel
With amp pushing atleast 70-80 watts i hope it is loud, because everyone says the most laid back speakers are usually quieter. But DLS has 93 dB sensitivity, & feeding atleast 70 watts will be enough, i guess what you guys think??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.