Need Help hooking it up

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone. I have a question. I just recently purchased a JL Audio 12" sub in a ported box with a 450watt Sony amp.

I am installing this sound system (AMP) to a stock CD player/headunit on a 2005 Chevorlet Silverado. But the thing is, is that I have never installed an amp before.

I talked to a guy at California Customs (truck accessories shop) they install all kinds of add-ons to vehicles. Anyways; the guy told me that I need an Amp wiring kit and also I need a line-out converter for the RCA Cables that go from the amp to the back of the radio. Does anyone have any schematics on how to hook up the line-out converter (for the rca cables) to the back of the radio. Is it pretty simple? Or should I go ahead and pay them $180.00 to install the amp to my radio?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks peeps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Take a look at the kit before doing anything. If the kit has instructions and shows what wires you need to tap into, give it a try. Better yet, if it comes with a wiring harness that can be easily spliced in, then deffinately go for it. If the kit looks like it's way over your head, then find a cheaper place for the install. $180 sounds steep to me. Get another price quote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.