Need Help!! Highs cut out....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trixter
10+ year member

Keepin it Simple
After about 15 minutes of play time, my highs cut out. At first they seem to alternate on and off with the bass. When I turn the volume down it stops for a minute and then continues until the highs are completly off.

-At first I thouht that the amp may be over heating but it's cool to the touch.

-I use the pass through for the RCA's (from the 800 to the 200) and thought that the sub amp may be dawing from the other. I disconnected it and no difference.

-Both amps have their own power/ground.

-The remote line is shared between the amps and two .11amp fans. I disconnected the fans and still no difference.

Ovar all it seems like I'm losing the signal over a 3 minute period that alternates with the bass. I don't think that the bass is effected, I turn if off when i starts to happen in fear of making something worse. When I turn off the system and let it sit for a few minutes, everthing is fine when I turn it bck on and then it starts all over again.

All the equipment I am talking about is in my profile below. If I am being to vague, let me know and I will try to clear anything up.

It could be impedence mismatching. If you have too many speakers hooked up to a particular amp, then eventually it will start cutting out. You might hear the highs first because they are most noticeable. I've learned this from experience. What speakers are hooked up to each amp and are they in series or parallel?

The punch 800 (100wX4) is pusing4" MB's up front and 5.25" MB's in the rear. Each speaker has it's own channel. I was acctually going to go over the speaker wires and try replacing the amp with an old 4 channel to see if it is the amp it self. I don't think it's the amp because usually you get all or none not just some. But I've seen stranger things.

Thanks fo the help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.