Need help getting subs to hit harder.

sardoa13

NY
I have a 1800 W Crunch amp and 2 bandpassed 12" subs in a ported box and it hits decent in my 01 kia sportage but i was wondering if anyone can help me get them to hit harder? do i need to mess with the settings on my amp or what?

should they be rattling windows if setup is perfect ? i figured 2 1200 W subs with 1800 W amp would make my car bounce across the road instead of driving but its just shaking the usual mirrors and a little rattle on the back of my seat. when i had a 97 pontiac grand prix with one 12" dual and 400 W dual amp it seemed like it was hitting harder than what i have now and i just turned everything up on the amp in my grand prix

should they be rattling windows if setup is perfect ? i figured 2 1200 W subs with 1800 W amp would make my car bounce across the road instead of driving but its just shaking the usual mirrors and a little rattle on the back of my seat. when i had a 97 pontiac grand prix with one 12" dual and 400 W dual amp it seemed like it was hitting harder than what i have now and i just turned everything up on the amp in my grand prix
Hate to say it but no, it probably won't. Box is prefab, amp is a bit to be desired, and I doubt those subs could actually take 1200W RMS a piece.

What subs are you running?

Build a custom box and put some better power to them, if they can take it.

well the grand prix did have alot of room in the trunk but i doubt its that cause i have it in the back of an suv so there should be plenty of room for it to breath, right?

so should i get rid of the box with plexyglass and just get a regular ported box ? and what size amp should i get ?
Yeah, build a new box. Go with ported, don't buy a premade box... get someone to design one and buy it. You should let us know what subs you have before we recommend an amp. But it wouldn't hurt to get an 1800w amp that actually does 1800w.

Yeah, build a new box. Go with ported, don't buy a premade box... get someone to design one and buy it. You should let us know what subs you have before we recommend an amp. But it wouldn't hurt to get an 1800w amp that actually does 1800w.
If the subs can actually handle 1800W...

ok thanks bro will do, what would be your preference of an amp of that power? ill be back later today with what kind of subs the are, not sure got them from previous owner and they are facing backwards in box so ill have to do some investigation.

If the subs can actually handle 1800W...
Well, eventually I felt like I was going to have to tell him to set the gains conservatively after I found out what subs he had lol... more powaaaaa for future lol

I have 8" subs that have flex/you can feel it like op wants....and they are only running on 1500 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Well, eventually I felt like I was going to have to tell him to set the gains conservatively after I found out what subs he had lol... more powaaaaa for future lol
I have 8" subs that have flex/you can feel it like op wants....and they are only running on 1500 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif
My single 12 on 1200W shakes the hell out of my sunroof/roof in general

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.