Need Help From Your Forum (on a budget)

zbone1
10+ year member

Missouri
Hey guys, just trying to get some input on what I should purchase for a new audio system... Currently I only have Hertz ESK 165.5 in my front door panels and Hertz EV 165.5 in the rear doors...

I haven't built a system in a long time and my last system was 2 Kicker L7 12's powered by a JBL 1201.1 amp that was a class D amp 1114 rms @ 2 ohms... This things rattled my lancer and I was super happy with how they sounded, but I keep reading more and more that there is way better out there than kicker for the same price. I'm willing to try brands i've never heard of but I need more than just one person convincing me...

So I know some of the big questions are so ill tell you what I got to work with.

I was looking at a packaged deal that was 2 Kicker L7 12 inch subs plus Kicker Dx 1500.1 amp, enclosure, wiring kit, remote gain for 999.99

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-11DS12L72-Solobaric-Dual-1500/dp/B01M9J9HSA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1493191716&sr=8-7&keywords=kicker+l7

So now im here to ask you guys to build me a package similar for around the same price if possible...

My car is a 2014 Nissan Versa (NOT THE NOTE)

I wil upgrade the battery (keep seeing brand like XS or Kinetik) I had optima yellowtop in old car

I am sure in the future I will upgrade the alternator to either 220amp or 250amp

so I am looking to spend around 1000 because that package was around 1000 on amazon with free shipping... I can stretch the budget to around 1500 tops. But it would have to be literally everything, amp kit, 2 12 inch subs, amplifier, and enclosure...

Is the packaged deal really that good of a deal in the above link?? I heard some people say to stay away from DX amps, then I see other people say they live by kicker amps... I am pretty sure I want two 12's since I used to have 2 12inch L7's, and ive owned other sets of 12s like 15 years ago I had audiobahn 12's, and mtx 12's, kicker comp 12's. I just like the sound of 12's...

Please if you guys could please help me out, remember my budget is around 1000, but I can stretch if its a must...

I think I covered everything but I will copy/paste just to make sure

Number of subs preferred: 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12 inch

Budget:1000-1500

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): included in budget

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): nissan 2014

Goals: compete with kicker l7's for cheaper or same price

Listening habits: hip hop/rap

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: I still love kicker l7's but willing to spend a grand on something ive never heard of.

2 AB Xfl 12s on Synergy 35.1 would annhilate that kicker setup.

A cheaper option, 2 cab ultra 12s on a Twisted Sounds 1.8k.

A pair of XFLs has my vote..Ive thrown all kinds of different power on them, and they keep ticken.SOund Qubed HDS310s.I just pulled the system out today and Played those for the last time in that ride.Still hit pretty nice for a pair of tens.You can make a air of tens sing just fine too with good power and good enclosure.I think you can squeeze 4.0@32 htz in that vehicle..Maybe>??Perfect for a good set of tens..XFL 10 slamm as well

You definitely do not have space to run that much cone area in that little car.

I actually wouldn't mind the Kicker package at that price if it came with a good box but I suspect the box you get is poor.

I think I would like to go with the american bass xfl 12's. keep in mind ive never heard this brand in person so I am trusting the users... I still want to go with 12's despite my trunk space. I feel like 12's hit lower notes than 10s.

Can anyone recommend an enclosure for 2 of these 12's?? I am not good with wood working and most of the stereo shops will charge 200-300 for a custom box.

Also if my budget was stretched to 1500 would you guys still go with the same american bass brand?

If you can find the room:

I would go with a Twisted Sounds TS1.3K and any of these, Incriminator Flatlyne, Sundown SA, DC Level 2, Image Dynamics IDQ, DD 512....

Also you have a 110 amp alternator, adding a different battery will not help with that load. you are looking at atleast 75-80 amps to power an amp close to 1000 watts.

I already stated that I will be upgrading to a 220 amp or 250 amp alternator with either a XS or Kinetik Battery. So with the electrical system set aside and with a budget of 1000-1500 just for subs amp and enclosure, would your recommendations still be the same. Keep in mind it is a small car - 2014 Nissan Versa (not the note) but im pretty sure a box with 2 12's ported will squeeze in there.

PS thanks everyone for the super fast replies, I wasn't expecting this much help to be honest. there are thousands of threads and I thought mind would just get overlooked, so thanks again. im liking the american bass subs so far.

I think I would like to go with the american bass xfl 12's. keep in mind ive never heard this brand in person so I am trusting the users... I still want to go with 12's despite my trunk space. I feel like 12's hit lower notes than 10s.
Can anyone recommend an enclosure for 2 of these 12's?? I am not good with wood working and most of the stereo shops will charge 200-300 for a custom box.

Also if my budget was stretched to 1500 would you guys still go with the same american bass brand?
completely wrong.

I too, am limited with space. You ever think about sealed? My next build will be a stereo integrity hst 12 mkll, in a sealed enclosure. On a Incriminator Audio ia20.1. Just an idea for you. There are a few amps that will provide 2000wrms that will allow for your budget dude.

what about just 1 12 ported that way u get proper sized box tuned low.. also with 1 sub u won't need as much power.. u should hear how loud my 1 $70 12 is tuned to 35hz in small ported box (and my port needs to be a little wider) and i just have 500rms $70 amp..

Speaking personally: i have xfl 15"s and they play every note i throw at them. American bass is an excellent brand for the price. Grab a tape measure and take some dimensions and pictures are also very helpful. I would recommend a single 15 ported or a 12 if space is limited.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.