Need help figuring out what i should do.

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
I've got a 2000 Ford Taurus, I believe it has a 105amp alt. Im going to be running my SAZ-1500d @1ohm. So approx 1500w. I would like to try it everything stock, but i highly doubt my stock electrical can handle it and i dont wanna burn up my wires and stuff. Id have to drive an hour away to get anything done to my car because my intake is ontop of the alt and no in town shops will do it. My question is, would upgrading my battery and/or getting a second battery be enough? Id prefer not to spend hundreds more on this if i dont have to, but i also dont wanna mess up my amp. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

That's a Class D amp, isn't it? If so, your electrical will probably be able to handle it? What is the amperage rating of that amp (how many fuses and how many amps for each fuse)?

I wouldn't be surprised if just a high quality battery under the hood won't just hang. Now if your stock alternator is original it's probably time to replace that anyway. Should be cheap enough at the parts store. I doubt you need to get crazy with electrical upgrades to run that.

I wouldn't be surprised if just a high quality battery under the hood won't just hang. Now if your stock alternator is original it's probably time to replace that anyway. Should be cheap enough at the parts store. I doubt you need to get crazy with electrical upgrades to run that.
I was thinking about doing the big 3, and if i need more to upgrade the front batt. Good idea? Any suggestions on batts?

That's a Class D amp, isn't it? If so, your electrical will probably be able to handle it? What is the amperage rating of that amp (how many fuses and how many amps for each fuse)?
I believe 4 40amp fuses

I was thinking about doing the big 3, and if i need more to upgrade the front batt. Good idea? Any suggestions on batts?

I believe 4 40amp fuses
If your battery and alternator are old and tired now you'll probably push them into failure particularly if you get a cold winter. Pep Boys sells a Bosh branded "platinum" premium AGM battery that seems pretty nice and has a 4 year warranty. 4 year warranty is as good as you can get these days.

I'd suggest you get some smaller fuses in that amp if you ever intended them to protect the amp in the event of trouble. I suspect you could replace those 40s with 30s and never open them. I'd even start with 25s and see how long they last. If you never open a fuse when you get aggressive with things they will not protect your amp.

Do the Big 3 keep eye on alternator if original battery either go with my method of run it till it dies or just bite bullet and purchase the quality battery. If you tune everything properly you should be just fine. Your more likely to F things up by adding second battery if on budget since you would then need 2 of whatever you decide because you should match age/ class, and output when running multiple batteries.

If your battery and alternator are old and tired now you'll probably push them into failure particularly if you get a cold winter. Pep Boys sells a Bosh branded "platinum" premium AGM battery that seems pretty nice and has a 4 year warranty. 4 year warranty is as good as you can get these days.
I'd suggest you get some smaller fuses in that amp if you ever intended them to protect the amp in the event of trouble. I suspect you could replace those 40s with 30s and never open them. I'd even start with 25s and see how long they last. If you never open a fuse when you get aggressive with things they will not protect your amp.
Why would i lower fuse amps? Can you explain pls? Would getting a new OEM alt actually help? Do they do worse as they age?

Do the Big 3 keep eye on alternator if original battery either go with my method of run it till it dies or just bite bullet and purchase the quality battery. If you tune everything properly you should be just fine. Your more likely to F things up by adding second battery if on budget since you would then need 2 of whatever you decide because you should match age/ class, and output when running multiple batteries.
I was told the batt was fairly new with a 2yr warrenty. I plan to do the big 3 before i get my box done, I hope i get the stabilized voltage im looking for. Full tilt on 500w it dips to around 12.4. That seemed kinda low to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.