Need help doing a full system in a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I'm having to cut down my costs a little bit because there are some other things I have to fix on my car that are now more expensive than I thought. What can I do with something around $1,000-$1500?
As far as the XCON 15" are there any other options that are a little bit cheaper? OR maybe some used options? (Where would I find plans for a box)

Also I've been wondering other than the obvious answer of being louder what's the big difference with getting two PWX 8" per door over just one per door? It could really cut down on costs to just do one per door.

I think I might go with the XS-28 since I've had such bad luck with super tweeters and I'm not super experienced with them.
Check out what we have to offer at http://www.WolframAudio.com

We are running a presale on our woofers which will arrive next month. You could grab a 1250w RMS 15” for $199 or 2500w RMS for $299

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend two 8 ohm pwx 8 per door on a ppi 900.4 or soundstream 900.4 bridged, one crescendo UN 6.5 and either some silk dome tweeters (crescendo sts-1, massive ct-2, image dynamics xs 28) or if you like the highs on the stronger side, some alphard DB super tweeters (smoothest super tweet i've heard so far that gets loud as balls) Both on another 900.4 so basically two 900.4 amps running a 3 way active setup. You'll use the amp crossover for the midbass and midrange to split the job between them and use the 80 prs active mode to split the tweeter and mids to do their own job.
Deadening will be important because if done right, you'll have a fk ton of midbass search the forum for "keep hope alive's" builds it goes in detail of whats needed for deadening. The PWX is extremely midbass heavy compared to the UN which is very light on the midbass

thats about 600 for the front stage all taken care of.

I'd go with a single 15 or 18 depending on how much room you have and upgrade electricals along with wiring, It should be well under your budget. Jeep stock alts are pretty strong, you might just need a 2ndary back battery or two for your setup.

I would not deaden the roof at all, i'd go straight in with some 1/2 inch plywood and some PL 3x or 8x and brace the roof instead. Cheaper and 100x for efficient.
[Edit] Went ahead and bought 4 8 ohm PWX 8 and I'm just about to order a 900.4 Amp which would you recommend I go with? is the soundstream 900.4 pretty solid? Also how do I bridge the amp? I'm not understanding that. Decided to go with XS-28 tweets.

For sound deadening do you know of any cheap sound deadening I can pickup? Maybe anything on amazon?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How many sheets of deadening do you think I'll need and what specific spots should I put it all? I've heard of the big 3 but never actually done it, thanks for mentioning that. Any suggestion on how to build my sound stage? (speakers, sub, amps)?
make take 4 of those sheets to do 2 doors if u putting in all the mids jeff is talking about..depends where u need it and if u not bracing like jeff said roof to of course u still need to do over head up front anyway.. the rest in back depends how much u of the car u taking apart.. big set ups like that some peeps use $500 or so in mat (be it maybe cheaper thinner mat)

[Edit] Went ahead and bought 4 8 ohm PWX 8 and I'm just about to order a 900.4 Amp which would you recommend I go with? is the soundstream 900.4 pretty solid? Also how do I bridge the amp? I'm not understanding that. Decided to go with XS-28 tweets.
For sound deadening do you know of any cheap sound deadening I can pickup? Maybe anything on amazon?

Thanks
soundstream and ppi are both the same thing. They are extremely solid, handles most of any kind of abuse you put them through and keep cool. You'll have to look in the manual they show you how to bridge it.

noico deadener is the cheapest but i'd go with stinger roadkill 36sq ft bulk pack.

soundstream and ppi are both the same thing. They are extremely solid, handles most of any kind of abuse you put them through and keep cool. You'll have to look in the manual they show you how to bridge it.
noico deadener is the cheapest but i'd go with stinger roadkill 36sq ft bulk pack.
Alrighty thanks. This is what I've purchased so far do you think I'm missing anything? I can't purchase a sub yet because I'm shipping my car to Hawaii and they won't let anything like that in the trunk. I would have to bolt down the sub and I only have 2 weeks to work so I'm going to do that in Hawaii.

(1) Pioneer DEH 80-PRS

(4) Crescendo PWX 8 ohm 8" Mid-bass speakers

(2) Crescendo UN-6.5" 4 ohm Loud Speakers

(pair) XS-28 - Image Dynamics 28 silk dome

(2) Soundstream TN4.900D Tarantula Nano 900.4 Amps

(200 FT ) KnuKonceptz Kord Kable 12 Gauge Copper Speaker Wire

(1) KnuKonceptz Bassik 0 Gauge Complete Amplifier Kit

(1) CT Sounds 0 AWG GA Gauge Big 3 Complete wiring kit

(4) of Rockford Fosgate 16-Feet RCA's

(1 pack) Stinger RKX36B Roadkill Expert Series Sound Damping Material Bulk Pack

(1) KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Set Screw Ring Terminal Pair

https://imgur.com/a/DF4mE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.