Need help designing box simple cab pickup truck

Participant count
  • Participants list

Cripz0062

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi there,
I have a simple cab nissan hardbody,

I have a 8 inch DD redline 500 http://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/redline-series/500/

with a focal fp1.800 amp https://www.focal.com/sites/www.focal.fr/files/shared/catalog/document/fp-1-800.pdf

I want to made the enclosure in a box in the bed of my truck

What do you think about a pass band enclosure with a tube came in the cab ? It can be easier for me to pass a tube thru my cab.

Any advise please?
Regards.

do not cut/hack up your truck for a single 8"................on second thought "great idea" do it and post pics of build (should be entertaining)

do not cut/hack up your truck for a single 8"................on second thought "great idea" do it and post pics of build (should be entertaining)

:)

Firstly I want to put my focal 33KX subwoofer but a little bit to large and it was design for sealed box, so it will be hard for pass in the cab.

I have to change my plan about my DD in a bandpass box, the fs/qes ratio isnt good :/

I thinking about return it to the seller and take an other 8 inch sub 😅

I just modeled the Dayton ultimax 8 for a 4th order BP. That one models up very nice In a band pass. The Dayton ultimax 10 models up even better actually. Less than 1 cube on both subs.

Thank’s :)

Wich software did you use for modeled?
We don’t have Dayton Audio to sell on my Island :/ we don’t have Sundown too...

I’m search on internet all I can for do the best enclosure for my DD, I will tale more time later to do a BP for my Focal.

I try to understand how to calculate vent size

Wich tips can you give me to do an awesome enclosure? Do you think spend as much time on a small DD worth it?

I like when I do cool stuff.

Doing a blow through requires a lot of work. I’m not against it, but if you’re going to do it make it worth it. You’ll need a rubber boot. The cab and the box will move enough that you won’t want a rigid port between the 2. It will probably break without some flexible rubber to allow some movement.

I always model my boxes in 2 software programs. Winisd On my old laptop and speaker box lite on my iPad. Sometimes I get slightly different results. Plus, speaker box lite has better options to let me model around cabin gain.

You have a sub I’ve never worked with before. That focal is super expensive to buy new. I’ve never modeled it, but a sub that is made to be in sealed boxes tends to work better in 4th order bandpass boxes. Subs that are made to be ported seem to work better in 6th order designs, which I would strongly advise against, unless you are super experienced at box building. They have to be dead on balls accurate.

Doing a blow through requires a lot of work. I’m not against it, but if you’re going to do it make it worth it. You’ll need a rubber boot. The cab and the box will move enough that you won’t want a rigid port between the 2. It will probably break without some flexible rubber to allow some movement.

Yes I know I have a crazy idea, I'm pretty good with metal and wood work :) I have to finish my enclosure for make the good hole in my cab

You have a sub I’ve never worked with before. That focal is super expensive to buy new. I’ve never modeled it, but a sub that is made to be in sealed boxes tends to work better in 4th order bandpass boxes. Subs that are made to be ported seem to work better in 6th order designs, which I would strongly advise against, unless you are super experienced at box building. They have to be dead on balls accurate.
I already have the focal :), I have the skills for made the box, the problem is my audio knowledge :confused:

Hi!

Some news, I take good mesurment of the space I have :

I made some simulation for the port on subbox pro

Because of the space I have and the length of the port, I decide to do a « T » port, I will put it on a side, this let me 5 inch of free space between the other side

What do you think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.