Need help designing an enclosure for a 10” or 12” JL that will fit a 2003 Yukon short

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
My Yukon has limited space and I’m

Looking for more output. I currently have the HO110w6v3 and it fits and sounds good but I need more so am considering g adding a second 10” w6v3. Or ?? Maybe a t-line for this 10” but will a t-line give me more output?? Here’s a pic of a Yukon that has two 8”s. Any ideas please share, thanks
62479e76e46edb907e52686e525d1427.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Yukon has limited space and I’mLooking for more output. I currently have the HO110w6v3 and it fits and sounds good but I need more so am considering g adding a second 10” w6v3. Or ?? Maybe a t-line for this 10” but will a t-line give me more output?? Here’s a pic of a Yukon that has two 8”s. Any ideas please share, thanks

cf49be7511cdbc90cf52b210335b351f.jpg

Here’s a down fire but takes all of the space

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

411e82c785c12a8b191b4a7fe0eb4b41.jpg

This is the space that I have to work with

A t-line is gonna eat up all that space behind there and possibly may not have enough space for one. I currently have a single 8 in a t-line and turns out to be about 3 cu ft once the math is done. What takes up the space is the super long length of the port.

If you can do something like the very 1st pic might be ideal. Do you need the 3rd row? if not, that would dramatically increase your space immediately. If you need your 3rd row, re-read my 1st sentence in this line. Otherwise your very limited on things...

If your looking to purchase the Net Audio box I'd surely go ported. 2-12's should do nicely in it. I say build your own and you could use their design for "inspiration".

My Yukon has limited space and I’mLooking for more output. I currently have the HO110w6v3 and it fits and sounds good but I need more so am considering g adding a second 10” w6v3. Or ?? Maybe a t-line for this 10” but will a t-line give me more output?? Here’s a pic of a Yukon that has two 8”s. Any ideas please share, thanks

Clean install but port placement is wrong it can’t load

cf49be7511cdbc90cf52b210335b351f.jpg

Here’s a down fire but takes all of the space

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

411e82c785c12a8b191b4a7fe0eb4b41.jpg

This is the space that I have to work with

To down fire properly ports need 6-8” to load properly and it still don’t look like 6” gap but this would sound better than the OPs box even though possibly only 3-4” to load

Another idea is to add a second HO110w6v3 - watch this video. I’m concerned with the sub and port being so close to wall though.
058c872477ca9c07f46676acfbfd7c20.jpg

Look like a can’t add video , anyhow, this sub facing the right side wall and a second box like this with the sub facing the left side wall. There would be 2” of space between the box and wall but since the sub is in an angle, the port is a little further. What are your thoughts on this ??

This is one I had on paper so I put it in Sketchup. It went into a Nitro and turned out pretty good... IDK if it will fit though

NgBchV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one I had on paper so I put it in Sketchup. It went into a Nitro and turned out pretty good... IDK if it will fit though
NgBchV.jpg
Looks like it might fit - your post is at the bottom though , right ??

Looks like it might fit - your post is at the bottom though , right ??

Port is at the bottom firing towards either rear corner... I'm assuming you got around 48" width so it should have plenty of space to work back there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.