Need help designing a burp box.

Alright guys I'll be sure to do that. Do y'all have any tips or tricks to get the most out of it? Any box size recommendations? I'm always open to advice. I'm hoping for at least high 40's on burps...

seal the trunk,also the woofer box needs to be as small as possible to keep the rise down.need to figure out what class first and design around that.then start doing alot of testing

hope you have some killer electrical.... it can make or break your system..... also I would add 3 layers of deadner and seal the doors as good as possible..
So far The plan is 3 102 ah C&D's with an XS D3100 in the trunk and a new batt up front. I order an alt from Mike Singer a few weeks ago. Would this be enough to do burps with? Should total around 450 ah I think.

seal the trunk,also the woofer box needs to be as small as possible to keep the rise down.need to figure out what class first and design around that.then start doing alot of testing
That's kinda one of my other problems. Most of the competitions in my area aren't sanctioned so they just do classes by either amount of woofers/power or both. But there is some USACi and I think a little bit of MECA, which I would definitely try to make all of those shows. There is a big gap in scores from what I've seen of the USACI up here though. Most of the guys putting up huge scores have walls with huge amounts of power. One shop in the state has one or two 3x shows a season, and people like dB Don and Chris Fish usually are there.

TO get loud out of a trunk you must seal off the trunk (like a wall). Port on driver's side. A friend of mine gets 150 give or take a few tenths consistantly out of his Accord trunk. He always runs 5K and single 15". He has used AB and Atomic 5K and a large variety of drivers. In his build LV5 wasn't a great performer though it seems more promising with Nightshade softparts and a stiffer suspension....

Large port (15 to 18" port area per cubic foot net) I'd shoot for 4-5 cube. Read that WHOLE THREAD "SPL GAINS" on SMD. Flush mounting sub helps, but mounting will be challenging with a heavy woofer like that. Duct tape helps, flaring port (in and out) helps.

You will need a meter to figure out your resonance and you will want to tune around that. I like using sono tube for a port since you can tune low and cut it back an inch at a time with a utility knife to tune higher and see where you stop gaining.

FYI LV5 should burp 7K but thermally it won't handle 5K for more than a minute or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.