need help / clarion

Rohner
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
BC
recently installed a clarion HU. It had 1 red power wire, and 2 yellow power wires (3A, and a 15A fuse). Iv never seen 3 power wires, so i hooked up the 15A. It powers ect.. The tuner works, and powers teh amps. But the CD funcion isnt wokring properly. It says CD, and shows that it is playing, but the amps dont turn on, and obviously sound does not play out to the speakers. Any ideas why the amps shut off whenon CD mode?

I just took a Clarion out of my truck, with the three wires. Both of the yellow wires were hooked up to the battery, and it worked fine.

Your problem seems to be that or your remote turn on for your amps is connected to the power antenna wire (most likely).

forgot i posted this, anyways.. i hooked up both power wires to the battery, sane problem.. I could try the remote wire, but wouldnt it not power on tuner if it was wrong?

A Common Mistake Is People Run The Ant. Remote Wire To The Amps. Run The Correct Remote. As For The Wires. The Yellows Are Constant Basically Memory.

I did not notice 2 remotes on my HU when I 1st got into car audio. So the amp kept turning off when I played a cd. It took me two hours to realize thats what it was. I felt like such an Idiot.

so, i switched it to the other blue wire, and still does the same thing. amps power for 1 second, then shut down. Its like its not getting enough power to keep it running. any chance of the remote wire being a differant color (not likley)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.