Need help choosing between the alpine type r 12 or 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

That_whiteboy

Someone please help I’m running a kicker zx 1000.1 mono block amp and i want to get a new sub i was looking at the Alpine type r 12 and 15 i just want to run one of them because i have limited space in the back seat of my truck. But from what i can see with the rms power and everything else both the 12 and the 15 seem like they are the same for the most part beside size i obviously want the better harder hitting and better sq if some one can please help me out also some input on boxes would be great too thanks !!! Other ideas for speakers would be appreciated too nothing to crazy in price and good quality

What’s your max space, goals, and budget? For the cost of a new type r I’d go with a sundown sa 12 or 15. If you have the space the 15 will be louder due to cone area. Also the myth a 12 hits harder and a 15 plays lower is a garbage concept. A 12 and 15 can sound identical. All in the box.

I have a quad cab srt10 and I’m flipping the back seat up i have space to work with I could fit 3 15s if i wanted to i don’t like anybody in my truck anyways lol i just need to know what’s speaker cuz from what i can see between the swr-1522d and the swr-12d2 the are basically the same from what i can see

What’s your max space, goals, and budget? For the cost of a new type r I’d go with a sundown sa 12 or 15. If you have the space the 15 will be louder due to cone area. Also the myth a 12 hits harder and a 15 plays lower is a garbage concept. A 12 and 15 can sound identical. All in the box.

hy do you say sundowns ?and I have plenty of room to work with why would you not go with the type r

So if i went with the sa 15 what would be the best way to run it with the kicker zx1000.1 mono block amp

What are you trying to accomplish. Loud? Sq? Crush lows? What do you listen to? On that power 4.5 cubes or so tuned to 29-32 should pound on that power. I’d do two e 15s on that power personally.

hy do you say sundowns ?and I have plenty of room to work with why would you not go with the type r
Cuz I’m a sundown nuthuggin fan boy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but for real. The sa series has be proven to be a great sub. Alpine,kicker or any Best Buy brand throw those out the window. We will help you for sure.

What are you trying to accomplish. Loud? Sq? Crush lows? What do you listen to? On that power 4.5 cubes or so tuned to 29-32 should pound on that power. I’d do two e 15s on that power personally.

I just want it to sound beast with good sq and to thump the block when i drive by and still hear good vocals i was going to run all type r door speakers off a kicker zx350.4 amp also listen to a lot of rap also how do i tune

If you haven’t bought them there’s much better options than alpine. 15 years ago Aline was great. Now there’s so many better options.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Two e 15s would get loud in the right box on your power

I’m gunna go with the sundown but probably just run one of them can you help me out with the set up what box size and ported or sealed how do i tune the hrtz and what should it be tuned to how should i run the oms with my amp and what would you recommend for door speakers on the zx 350.4 amp

I’m gunna go with the sundown but probably just run one of them can you help me out with the set up what box size and ported or sealed how do i tune the hrtz and what should it be tuned to how should i run the oms with my amp and what would you recommend for door speakers on the zx 350.4 amp
You tune by length of port...so the longer the port, it'll tune lower. Shorter the port length, it tunes higher. Computer programs for enclosure building will yield the info needed. Shredder2 can prob help you with a design once you figure out which Sundown subs you pick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.