need help choosing amp

Bosaliniee
10+ year member

kicker 750.1(750 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)can get it for $250 or 1000.1(1000 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)can get it for $310 ---- power hungry, but its KICKER!!!!!

clarion dpx1800 (800 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) can get it for $214----- class g and h, so lower power consumption

kenwood x812d (919 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)can get it for $210----- can adjust from HU(xxv-01D)

which one should i get? any other amps that may be better for me let me know

get one of the kickers. I installed a few of the 750.1's and the birthsheets said 940w RMS +. The 1000.1's were 1200w RMS +
if thats the case, i would only need the 750.1, but the kenwood is pretty close to that in wattage, but im not sure of which is going to be my best sounding and and easiest on my electrical system(which is why i wanted the clarion amp) right now i have the kicker kx1200.1 from 2003 and at 2 ohms its about the same as that zx750.1 but its not sounding as good as it did when i got it. and it seems to use lots of amperage to run.

the kenwood would be a nice amp to choose since you can control it through your HU. But if that doesnt matter I would go with the Kicker if you can afford it.

no, its not as important to be able to control it from the hu as not being high current, i had asked before what people thought of the clarion amp. and only one person responded to it. i like that its supposed to be lower current than class d amps. but if it doesnt sound very good or perform very well, id rather get something else.

deer hunt, i see you have the x811d, does that sound as good as a kicker amp in your opinion? i read on crutchfields website the the signal to noise on that is 75 and on the kicker its 95

does anyone have any info about the clarion, i dont know the reputation of their amps, such as kicker is under rated and things like that. are they good amps is it something i should be considering or just go with kicker because i know it will be good and just deal with the fact that it takes more power to run it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.