Need help buying a new system.

Xandor

I have a 2000 silverado Quad cab. I need everything as its all stock and blown. I'm not looking to go crazy as its a loud 12 valve cummins diesel, so it only needs to sound good in the cab because there is no use trying to impress anyone standing outside of it. You only hear the motor unless it's off of course.

Budget $500-750?

My needs consist of 4 6.5's. 2 tweeters, a head unit, 1 sub and an amp. The only thing I think I have decided on is the sub. P3S-1X10 I can get it for $160

The rest I have no idea on. I like all kinds of music (if that makes a difference?) Daft Punk being king.

Thanks for all your help.

Here is my recommendation with that budget. I have nearly the exact same setup in my friends car that I did and it sounds really good for the price

Amp-http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38339_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.5.html

Sub- get this so you can wire it to 2 ohm. Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-12 12" Dual 4-ohm Punch Stage 3 Series Shallow Subwoofer

Front speakers- Pioneer TS-D1720C (tsd1720c) 6-3/4" (Oversized 6-1/2") 2-way D-

Rear- Pioneer TS-D1602R 6-1/2" 2-way D-Series Car Speakers

You can find a bunch of cheap head units

My only problem with that amp is the size of box needs to be much bigger right? As least the ones they sell inclosed are in a 8in longer box.

And thank you. I will probably just buy everything you or someone else posts. I take it with this set up i'd be amping the speakers as well?

I have a 2000 silverado Quad cab. I need everything as its all stock and blown. I'm not looking to go crazy as its a loud 12 valve cummins diesel, so it only needs to sound good in the cab because there is no use trying to impress anyone standing outside of it. You only hear the motor unless it's off of course.
Budget $500-750?

My needs consist of 4 6.5's. 2 tweeters, a head unit, 1 sub and an amp. The only thing I think I have decided on is the sub. P3S-1X10 I can get it for $160

The rest I have no idea on. I like all kinds of music (if that makes a difference?) Daft Punk being king.

Thanks for all your help.

for speakers, these will perform real well, there's authorized dealers on this forum that can sell it to you a bit cheaper than on the official site. COM 626CR it includes 4 6.5s, 2 crossovers and 2 tweeters in total.

since your set on the subs, to keep things cheap, PrecisionPower - Products - Amplifiers - Phantom - P900.5 this will power all your speakers, tweeters and subs. The only thing you have to change is to rewire the subwoofer in series so it'll be a 4 ohm load instead of a 1 ohm load which is extremely simple.

Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-80PRS Mobile CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment: Car Electronics This is a sound quality emphasized head unit with a ***** ton of features, you'll love it

I can or have everything. you need. The cdt set deck amps. Can even build the box but you need the amp kits and harnesses as well Everything mentioned so far is good. Amp the components not the rears use the 2 channels on the amp for the sub/subs if needed. Deck alone is gonna be 200+. Speakers 225. Amps 209-250. Wires $100+ and box of course

@ trumpet ; is an authorized precision power seller on here. I would get the sub I mentioned though so that you can run two ohm and get more power from the amp. They don't require a big box at all

I like some of the recommendations here, but I would change it a bit. The Precision Power P900.5 is going to take 1/3rd the budget, the speakers will take another 1/3rd, and you would be a little over budget after adding a head unit, dash kit, radio interface harness, the wiring for the amplifier and speakers, and shipping.

Trumpet is the man. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago and he helped me out immensely. I'm still picking his brain for advice all the time. Highly recommended dealer.

I like some of the recommendations here, but I would change it a bit. The Precision Power P900.5 is going to take 1/3rd the budget, the speakers will take another 1/3rd, and you would be a little over budget after adding a head unit, dash kit, radio interface harness, the wiring for the amplifier and speakers, and shipping.
I don't mind going over a little. I guess I could do $900. Well they say your the man PM a set up and Ill buy it! provided the prices are comparable of course. The only thing people suggested that surprised me a bit on price was the head unit. But it's all good. I get what tatbass is saying about the different subs. I'll have to get a perfect measurement tomorrow of what size box I can fix. I do know the at least the box roford fosgate sells made for the 12's are bigger than I would want.

I don't mind going over a little. I guess I could do $900. Well they say your the man PM a set up and Ill buy it! provided the prices are comparable of course. The only thing people suggested that surprised me a bit on price was the head unit. But it's all good. I get what tatbass is saying about the different subs. I'll have to get a perfect measurement tomorrow of what size box I can fix. I do know the at least the box roford fosgate sells made for the 12's are bigger than I would want.
a 5 channel will be perfect ,also an 8 r 10 inch sub ,the cdt's are good for a entry level component ,if trumpet ,cant help you with what you want ,i may can .even the box .

Here is my recommendation with that budget. I have nearly the exact same setup in my friends car that I did and it sounds really good for the price
Amp-http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38339_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.5.html

Sub- get this so you can wire it to 2 ohm. Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-12 12" Dual 4-ohm Punch Stage 3 Series Shallow Subwoofer

Front speakers- Pioneer TS-D1720C (tsd1720c) 6-3/4" (Oversized 6-1/2") 2-way D-

Rear- Pioneer TS-D1602R 6-1/2" 2-way D-Series Car Speakers

You can find a bunch of cheap head units
Well I'm going with everything you have listed except I changed to an 8in Sundown sub. Amazon.com: SA-8 D2 - Sundown Audio 8" Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer: Car Electronics Or prehaps this Amazon.com: SA-8 V2 D.2 - Sundown Audio 8" 500W DVC 2Ohm Subwoofer Version 2: Electronics I'm still confused on witch to get atm.

From what I have read these can handle 1000rms I'd be happy with anything between 500 and 1000rms. What amp do you recommend. I need one for the speakers and the sub, I have some 16yr old helping me and he seems to know what he's talking about but I can't help but question his recommendations on an amp.

Thanks

for speakers, these will perform real well, there's authorized dealers on this forum that can sell it to you a bit cheaper than on the official site. COM 626CR it includes 4 6.5s, 2 crossovers and 2 tweeters in total.
since your set on the subs, to keep things cheap, PrecisionPower - Products - Amplifiers - Phantom - P900.5 this will power all your speakers, tweeters and subs. The only thing you have to change is to rewire the subwoofer in series so it'll be a 4 ohm load instead of a 1 ohm load which is extremely simple.

Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-80PRS Mobile CD Receiver with 3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment: Car Electronics This is a sound quality emphasized head unit with a ***** ton of features, you'll love it
I'm going with that head unit. Thanks! My friend seems to think the auto time alignment is a bad thing but I'm trusting the internet on this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.