Need help box rise is killing me

How long are the runs of speaker wire.? Are you using a cheap terminal cup or bolts and washers

Also again try building a box atleast 2.25-2.5 cubes
The speakers wires are as short as possible. I have to remove one speaker at a time and someone else unhooks as its being lifted and then they are direct to the amp. NO terminals or bolts or anything.

So you think removing a half a cube would make it drop that much in box rise. Considering 4.5cubes at 8ohm rise and now 3 cubes and still 8ohms rise.

Now what about this. I have one sub wired to the other sub and then one set of POS AND NEG run off of one sub to the amp. Would running a POS AND NEG off each to the amp be better. only reason i didnt cause i thought it would be worse on box rise.

I understand that and you are the one that helped me build my first box and it came out perfect. I dont think my box rise in my truck is that bad. 2.77ohms isnt bad compared to almost 8ohms on this new box for the tens. One other question can a amp have any thing to do with it maybe. Its just a temp amp for right now. Its a kicker 750.1 but i clamped it at 532 watts at 7.95 ohms
you are not rising that high if it's putting out that much power still then

any other opinions or more help PLEASE
you are not rising that high if it's putting out that much power still then
You need to measure your voltage at the front batt and rear batts. Your dividing a possible 750 watts into two subs. = possible 375rms per sub but if your not at 14.4 your even lower. @ 12volts you would be at 230 watts per sub.~ around there.

[quote name='jsluss17']you are not rising that high if it's putting out that much power still then[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.
What frequency did you clamp it at? What frequency is it rising that high on?

edit: @pro\-rabbit might be able to help.

wire down to .5ohm to start, not that your kicker would like that, but most other good amps will. 4x rise starting at .5ohm nominal is much better then starting at 2ohm.

all the box tricks in the world won't make a diff like that...

box improve is not a big problem for a daily system because the improve will change with reliability importance the improve may not be bad in other locations

have you analyzed other wavelengths and is it for daily of an spl burp machine

Car Leasing Tips

Last edited by a moderator:
lol at this thread...

There is such a misconception about "rise".. Yes there is an impedance curve... but that's what it is a CURVE it will rise and fall depending on frequency... Unless this is an all out SPL car you should not worry about it.

My only question is: Are you happy with how it sounds? Numbers imo don't mean anything if your happy with the sound.

(I went through this issue with my old amp, and dont even care to clamp any new equipment anymore, as long as its tuned right, wired right, and bangs, Im happy)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.